+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Judge Forces Apple and others to Face Staff Poaching Lawsuit

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Judge Forces Apple and others to Face Staff Poaching Lawsuit

According to Reuters, Judge Lucy Koh (a district judge in San Jose, California), rejected a bid by seven total companies involved in the antitrust suit over an anti-poaching agreement. The companies in the suit include Apple, Google, Intel, Adobe Systems, Intuit, Walt Disney’s Pixar, and Lucasfilm.

The complaint alleges that the seven companies illegally conspired to not poach each others’ employees. Such an agreement violates the Sherman antitrust law and California’s Cartwright Act.

Koh wrote the following in a decision that was recently issued: "The fact that all six identical bilateral agreements were reached in secrecy among seven defendants in a span of two years suggests that these agreements resulted from collusion, and not from coincidence."

It was revealed that Apple co-founder Steve Jobs personally asked Google’s previous CEO, Eric Schmidt, to end worker poaching in a note sent in March of 2007. This caused the investigation in the first place which led to more and more information leading to where the case is now.

The case as of right now remains on track for a June 2013 trial so we’ll have to wait to see what results from the situation.

Source: Reuters

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

What's staff poaching?

Thanks

hahahhahhahaha! That is all for now. No seriously though..staff poaching?? People that have gone to college, earned degrees, get good jobs, others notice, offer them more $$ and security and they get punished? Gotta love the billion dollar boys whiny club haha! He stole my worker..no he stole my worker..silly really. Happens in business daily..get over it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes and if you are anybody who is anybody then a big company will pay a lot for you. And make you comfortable. Sorry for these College kids with a degree (since degrees mean you know everything right..). Not to mention there are good reasons it is illegal to staff poach. It kills me how people think because they go to college and get a degree it means your set for life.. get real.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why are you so bitter towards college degrees?? I'm proud of mine bc I worked my *** off for it. I don't think I'm better than anyone else though. It's just not a nice thing to put down something people put their all into.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah no **** why the anger towards college grads? I have a BS and an MS and am very proud of my education. Do I automatically think I am set for life? Hell No. But it does help a lot!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    Yes and if you are anybody who is anybody then a big company will pay a lot for you. And make you comfortable. Sorry for these College kids with a degree (since degrees mean you know everything right..). Not to mention there are good reasons it is illegal to staff poach. It kills me how people think because they go to college and get a degree it means your set for life.. get real.
    Well if you went to college you would have read the article clearly.
    It is legal to staff poach, it is illegal for company to come to an agreement to not poach from each other.
    Even tells you which laws it violates: Sherman Antitrust law and California Cartwright Act.

***making fun of the guy, not saying none college grads is not just as good as the ones with degree***
    Last edited by unison999; 04-20-2012 at 04:17 PM. Reason: typed carwright instead of Cartwright

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea! And its messed up that google hates ppl with degrees!!!......wait...what? I thought this was about a staff poaching trial??wheres the mod edit to stay on topic? Wait. Why did i contribute my opinion at all?

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The6uest View Post
    What's staff poaching?
    While your working for one company another company comes and offers you incentive to change employers to them