+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple May Patent Design of Elegant Shanghai Store

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple's eye for design when it comes to the company's myriad retail locations is, arguably, just as impressive as the designs dreamed up for the devices and technologies that have
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple May Patent Design of Elegant Shanghai Store

Apple's eye for design when it comes to the company's myriad retail locations is, arguably, just as impressive as the designs dreamed up for the devices and technologies that have become staples of our daily lives in recent years.

Not surprisingly, Apple is seeking to shore up its defenses against any potential intellectual property infractions in regard to its retail designs by attempting to patent the glass cylinder structure that makes the Apple store in Shanghai China such a magnificent sight to see.

"Each glass piece is substantially rectangular and includes two opposing long sides extending in a height direction and two opposing short sides extending substantially in a width direction," the patent application reads. "Each glass piece forms an identical circular arc when viewed from either of the two opposing short sides."

Our friends at Apple Insider recently uncovered Apple's patent application, which tells the whole story: in a nutshell, Apple wants exclusive rights to the look and general design of its glass-based retail structures - structures that are now almost as recognizable as the products Apple makes.

Source: Apple Insider

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Micheal, Verizon had there earnings call didn't they? Shouldn't you be writing a story on that? I would at least expect that from you considering before Verizon actually got the iPhone, every other article you wrote was a "Verizon may be getting the iPhone" rumor. .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    Hey Micheal, Verizon had there earnings call didn't they? Shouldn't you be writing a story on that? I would at least expect that from you considering before Verizon actually got the iPhone, every other article you wrote was a "Verizon may be getting the iPhone" rumor. .
    Oh, snap!

Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Verizon Wows with Q1 iPhone Activations

heh, heh... for as much cr@p as Essany takes, have a little patience...

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quidam_brujah View Post
    Oh, snap!

Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Verizon Wows with Q1 iPhone Activations

heh, heh... for as much cr@p as Essany takes, have a little patience...
    Haha, like I'm actually gonna read his version. I have already read the article else where. I was just messing with him.