Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Activists Storm The Roof of Apple's Irish Headquarters

  1. #1
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    Posts
    3,847
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

    Default Activists Storm The Roof of Apple's Irish Headquarters


    As MMi reported last night, Greenpeace has taken aim at Apple over the company's alleged excessive use of coal power in running its cloud-based digital services known as iCloud.

    Of course, it's one thing to formally issue a complain, and it's something else altogether to protest a company by scaling the roof of its national headquarters.

    On Wednesday that's exactly what happened. Four Greenpeace activists climbed on top of the roof of Apple's headquarters in Ireland. They held a mini-protest on the roof, displayed signs articulating their message, and passed out other literature in an attempt to better inform the masses.

    Apple, as you might imagine, isn't pleased with the protest. But the iPhone maker also isn't dodging the argument at hand. Apple maintains that it's newest and forthcoming data centers are some of the cleanest and most environmentally responsible facilities of their kind in the world.

    “Our data center in North Carolina will draw about 20 megawatts at full capacity, and we are on track to supply more than 60% of that power on-site from renewable sources including a solar farm and fuel cell installation which will each be the largest of their kind in the country,” Apple said in a statement that comes in direct response to Greenpeace's assertions.

    “We believe this industry-leading project will make Maiden the greenest data center ever built, and it will be joined next year by our new facility in Oregon running on 100% renewable energy,” the statement added.

    Source: Corkipedia

  2. #2
    People that do these protests should meet the full extent of the law after all that's what they would do if apple stormed their fuel burning ships

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    People that do these protests should meet the full extent of the law after all that's what they would do if apple stormed their fuel burning ships
    Dam straight

    I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

  4. #4
    these green peace idiots are really starting to get to me, no1 really cares how it is powered. and why are they so against nuclear. its by far the best fuel. yes the waste aint to good but the power produced by such a little input is outstanding.
    geta life you hippy, saldle wearing idiots. try protesting about something that will make a difference, like endangered species....

  5. #5
    Lawl.....stupid earth people......

  6. #6
    Is the stuff they used to vandalize the building biodegradable? These people really need to get a life.

  7. #7
    Trying to post using your iPhone is the biggest pain the as$!!!
    Last edited by G113764; 04-18-2012 at 04:29 PM.

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK.
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by johnwhitlow21 View Post
    these green peace idiots are really starting to get to me, no1 really cares how it is powered. and why are they so against nuclear. its by far the best fuel. yes the waste aint to good but the power produced by such a little input is outstanding.
    geta life you hippy, saldle wearing idiots. try protesting about something that will make a difference, like endangered species....
    How on Earth can you claim that nuclear (which is a reaction in itself and not a "fuel") is the "best fuel"? Although arguably renewable, it's still unsustainable and extremely harmful to not just the environment but humans too; Chernobyl and Fukushima ring any bells?

    Also, before you trash your idea of a hippy, you should remember that you are on an Apple forum and therefore it would only make sense to assume that your an Apple fan. Apple, being a company that was founded by a pair of hippies, one of which was extremely spiritual and loved nature and the environment; so much so, he even named his company "Apple" (although I will admit that he never really announced why but presumably because of hit nature-abiding ways and his part-time work farming Apples).

    Endangered species? Yeah because they just LOVE pollution! Just what they wanted for breakfast!

    I'm not a Greenpeace fan and I believe that their methods aren't always necessary or coordinated very well but I would like to see Apple lead the way as tech giants begin operating in a much more eco-friendly manner.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    Endangered species? Yeah because they just LOVE pollution! Just what they wanted for breakfast!
    YES! ALL endangered feces (species) love pollution, it's packed full of so many non nutritional ingredients that they just LOVE IT!

    But in all seriousness doing anything against the law to help your cause is only going to provide negative views of you and your group and hurt your group in the long run. (at least that's MY opinion)

    what the heck! 4 posts just got deleted O_o

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    How on Earth can you claim that nuclear (which is a reaction in itself and not a "fuel") is the "best fuel"? Although arguably renewable, it's still unsustainable and extremely harmful to not just the environment but humans too; Chernobyl and Fukushima ring any bells?

    Also, before you trash your idea of a hippy, you should remember that you are on an Apple forum and therefore it would only make sense to assume that your an Apple fan. Apple, being a company that was founded by a pair of hippies, one of which was extremely spiritual and loved nature and the environment; so much so, he even named his company "Apple" (although I will admit that he never really announced why but presumably because of hit nature-abiding ways and his part-time work farming Apples).

    Endangered species? Yeah because they just LOVE pollution! Just what they wanted for breakfast!

    I'm not a Greenpeace fan and I believe that their methods aren't always necessary or coordinated very well but I would like to see Apple lead the way as tech giants begin operating in a much more eco-friendly manner.
    Well put
    Have a random themeing/jaku question? Hit me up on twitter to avoid an off topic post. I am glad to help.
    @jimbohurt

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    How on Earth can you claim that nuclear (which is a reaction in itself and not a "fuel") is the "best fuel"? Although arguably renewable, it's still unsustainable and extremely harmful to not just the environment but humans too; Chernobyl and Fukushima ring any bells?
    Coal Power or gas plants produce more radiation than nuclear PPs, you will receive more nuclear radiation by living in a brick house, swimming in the sea or being near a concrete building then you will be working near a nuclear PP. Fukushima was a 60's reactor and it took a earthquake, tsunami and a after quake directly under the reactor to causes it to malfunction. Chernobyl was run by unqualified soviet students who turned the safety off and ran a dangerous experiment. Modern nuclear power plants produce NO nuclear waste and contain nearly all the radiation.

    -radiation.png

  12. #12
    Both examples given about bad reactors were of reactors that where very old and some of the first made. Modern plants do not pose anywhere near the threat. This is now 2012 those where made in the late 60s to mid 70s. Things change in 40 years.

  13. #13
    What's Jailbreak? embw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    *complaint

    Whatever happened to proofreading? I know this is the internet but we should still have standards.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •