Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: French Designer Philippe Starck Reveals Revolutionary Product is Jobs' Family Yacht

  1. #1
    Default French Designer Philippe Starck Reveals Revolutionary Product is Jobs' Family Yacht


    Remember that French designer that claimed he was working on a “revolutionary” new Apple product, but it turned out he was lying? Well he wasn’t completely full of it, turns out Philippe Starck was working the Jobs family yacht.

    “It’s not a project with Apple. It’s a private project that began with Steve Jobs and that has been taken over by his wife,” a spokeswoman for Starck said.
    No better way to get millions of page views, and a little notoriety than implying you’re working on the next great thing to come out of Apple. Starck’s verbiage couldn’t have link baited any more claiming the product was “revolutionary” and would come out in eight months.

    Still, Starck apparently met with Jobs once a month in Palo Alto, Calif. for seven straight years and is continuing the meetings with Jobs wife. Walter Isaacson mentions some details regarding the yacht in the biographer's book “Steve Jobs.” Jobs reportedly started work on the yacht after experiencing what he called his “best vacation” on a cruise from Italy to Turkey. Jobs redesigned the boat numerous times.

    "I didn't think I would be alive when it got done. But, that made me so sad, and I decided that working on the design was fun to do, and maybe I have a shot at being alive when it's done," Jobs told Isaacson.

    The design was “sleek and minimalist,” according to Isaacson who saw models and drawings that included a special glass designed by the “chief engineer of the Apple stores.”

    "I know that it's possible I will die and leave Laurene with a half-built boat. But I have to keep going on it. If I don't, it's an admission that I'm about to die," Jobs said.
    While Jobs didn’t live to see the completion of his dream boat, Starck and Jobs’ wife Lauren Jobs continue to work on the project with yacht builder Feadship who have been constructing the boat.

    Source: Apple Insider
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 04-17-2012 at 11:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Stunning!

  3. #3
    I want one

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines, Philippines
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Now that's a Pimp YACHT!!

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    165
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts

    is that a rendering of said yacht, or another?

  6. #6
    Starck is a twat

  7. #7
    Starck doesn't just "kiss and tell" he tweets while he's banging you and throws in some "enhanced" instagrams to boot.
    Last edited by Lohand; 04-18-2012 at 04:24 AM.

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone chen1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mongolia
    Posts
    154
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 40 Times in 21 Posts

    I would rather spend that money for charity and save starving children. Americans wants to have big and without tax.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by chen1976 View Post
    I would rather spend that money for charity and save starving children. Americans wants to have big and without tax.
    You sound like a typical liberal who is always charitable with other peoples money. Jobs took a company that was close to bankruptcy and turned it into a company worth over have a trillion dollars in just over a decade. He, or now his family, deserves every penny they have and certainly deserves to have a nice yacht.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohand View Post
    Starck doesn't just "kiss and tell" he tweets while he's banging you and throws in some "enhanced" instagrams to boot.
    No joke, but at least it is flattering

  11. #11
    Default Erudite Philanthropist -Steve Jobs
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrh View Post
    You sound like a typical liberal who is always charitable with other peoples money. Jobs took a company that was close to bankruptcy and turned it into a company worth over have a trillion dollars in just over a decade. He, or now his family, deserves every penny they have and certainly deserves to have a nice yacht.
    chen1976 & jeffrh,
    This is not meant as a nasty attack, but do either of you even know anything of Steve Jobs' philanthropy?? He (his estate) has plenty of money to give millions, or even billions to charity and still build a bunch of these silly-awesome boats!

    jeffrh,
    You sound like one of those conservatives that think every poor person should just die, and that charity is something you do only to avoid paying taxes. I'm neither liberal nor conservative; I don't subscribe to labels and I feel they are divisive and dangerous. It's not conservative or liberal, it's your individual views that matter and it's time we start voting that way! Vote with your own interests, not just down party lines. For example, I believe most Americans, including the upper-average middle class and above, don't pay his or her fair share of taxes (including myself); while at the same time, I'm against stronger gun control, and believe spending in our government is raging out of control. Just a few of my many views. Intelligent conversation is stimulating, and I'd love to debate this with you (civilly), if you'd like (& can stomach it! lol)...

    @iSteve_O

  12. #12
    I like people that deny labels. Just because you dont call is cancer doesnt mean it wont kill you.

    Jobs on Yachts. Welcome to Jobs on Yachts :: Home

  13. #13
    I guess they aren't getting any sunshine in there.

  14. #14
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iSteveO View Post
    You sound like one of those conservatives that think every poor person should just die, and that charity is something you do only to avoid paying taxes. I'm neither liberal nor conservative; I don't subscribe to labels and I feel they are divisive and dangerous. It's not conservative or liberal, it's your individual views that matter and it's time we start voting that way! Vote with your own interests, not just down party lines. For example, I believe most Americans, including the upper-average middle class and above, don't pay his or her fair share of taxes (including myself); while at the same time, I'm against stronger gun control, and believe spending in our government is raging out of control. Just a few of my many views. Intelligent conversation is stimulating, and I'd love to debate this with you (civilly), if you'd like (& can stomach it! lol)...

    @iSteve_O
    Woah woah woah, buddy. Idk what tax bracket you're in, but I'm sitting at about 145k, and with EVERY write-off I can manage without being audited, I cough up a little better than 30k, paid quarterly. Dotting my "I"s and crossing my "T"s, I still send Uncle Sam better than 8k every 3 months. Then, I get hit for another 8.25% on everything I purchase. By the time you figure sales tax, I'm coughing up more than 50k a year!!!! Oh yeah. I also don't get that money back, like MOST do! In fact, 70% of the US pays NO income tax because of refunds. If 30% ain't enough to feed the people too lazy to go hit a 100+ hour week like I do, they can find a nice comfy place to go F themselves. Mandatory charity isn't charity. It's theft.

    Btw, I'm a libertarian.
    Last edited by Beastly L92; 04-18-2012 at 01:42 PM.

  15. #15
    iSteveO: +1 Well said...

  16. #16
    Holy Shatch!

  17. #17
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales, UK.
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts

    Ladies and Gentlemen, the iYacht

  18. #18
    Grumpy *T*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Turn around slowly...
    Posts
    670
    Thanks
    122
    Thanked 48 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iSteveO View Post
    chen1976 & jeffrh,
    This is not meant as a nasty attack, but do either of you even know anything of Steve Jobs' philanthropy?? He (his estate) has plenty of money to give millions, or even billions to charity and still build a bunch of these silly-awesome boats!

    jeffrh,
    You sound like one of those conservatives that think every poor person should just die, and that charity is something you do only to avoid paying taxes. I'm neither liberal nor conservative; I don't subscribe to labels and I feel they are divisive and dangerous. It's not conservative or liberal, it's your individual views that matter and it's time we start voting that way! Vote with your own interests, not just down party lines. For example, I believe most Americans, including the upper-average middle class and above, don't pay his or her fair share of taxes (including myself); while at the same time, I'm against stronger gun control, and believe spending in our government is raging out of control. Just a few of my many views. Intelligent conversation is stimulating, and I'd love to debate this with you (civilly), if you'd like (& can stomach it! lol)...

    @iSteve_O
    Poor people should just die. If they died in china, America would start making things again. If they died in America, they wouldn't need government money. If they died in africa, they wouldn't need aid.

    I believe you should keep what you earn. Who's right is it to take your money and give it to someone who has not earned it?

    Poor people do not contribute to society and therefore should not exist. Being born poor is a poor excuse, because you have plenty of time to get a job and other stuff and make it in America.
    Last edited by *T*; 04-18-2012 at 05:47 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    Woah woah woah, buddy. Idk what tax bracket you're in, but I'm sitting at about 145k, and with EVERY write-off I can manage without being audited, I cough up a little better than 30k, paid quarterly. Dotting my "I"s and crossing my "T"s, I still send Uncle Sam better than 8k every 3 months. Then, I get hit for another 8.25% on everything I purchase. By the time you figure sales tax, I'm coughing up more than 50k a year!!!! Oh yeah. I also don't get that money back, like MOST do! In fact, 70% of the US pays NO income tax because of refunds. If 30% ain't enough to feed the people too lazy to go hit a 100+ hour week like I do, they can find a nice comfy place to go F themselves. Mandatory charity isn't charity. It's theft.

    Btw, I'm a libertarian.
    100 hours a week for 145k a year? I'd find a new career.

    With that said, I can't agree more with you. We are in a similar tax bracket, and I paid about 27k last year in federal income tax alone, and I pay every year when filing my taxes as well, and that's even writing off expenses covered by my personal business when attending to business related events. It's robbery to be quite honest.

  20. #20
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    151
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Slimz View Post
    100 hours a week for 145k a year? I'd find a new career.

    With that said, I can't agree more with you. We are in a similar tax bracket, and I paid about 27k last year in federal income tax alone, and I pay every year when filing my taxes as well, and that's even writing off expenses covered by my personal business when attending to business related events. It's robbery to be quite honest.
    Meh, it sounds vicious but it's a little complex. Those are billed hours. I'm an inspector and operations supervisor in the oilfield. I inspect production pipe and supervise while it's put in the ground. One job takes about 30 hours and I work 3-4 a week. But there's 2 of us to run a job and I bill from my driveway to my driveway. Out of 30 hours, I "work" half that. I get 2-3 days off a week, don't have to swing a hammer and my scenery changes each job. I guess it could be better, but it ain't bad for a 28 year old with a GED.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •