+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook Spotted at Valve Headquarters

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
According to Apple Insider Tim Cook visited the headquarters of Valve. Yes, Gordon Freeman and Steam digital distribution Valve. While the purpose of Cook’s visit is unknown, visiting Valve’s HQ
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tim Cook Spotted at Valve Headquarters

According to Apple Insider Tim Cook visited the headquarters of Valve. Yes, Gordon Freeman and Steam digital distribution Valve.

While the purpose of Cook’s visit is unknown, visiting Valve’s HQ holds more significance than a simple phone call. Other sites and writers have jumped to the conclusion Apple and Valve could be collaborating on something but, this is undoubtedly an unfounded rush to judgement. While it would make sense that a game distribution giant like Valve and App distribution behemoth like Apple would want to talk, the possibility of Apple and Valve working together in other ways is enticing.

Valve could be picking Apple’s brain in terms of hardware to accompany the Steam platform. Rumors have surfaced claiming Valve wants to offer its own Steam related hardware, and recent job postings asking for hardware engineers appear to confirm such goals. But, again this is unfounded speculation.

But, one can only wish that perhaps Apple and Valve might be collaborating in terms of iOS and Mac game awesomeness.

Please let this mean something.

Source: Apple Insider [via MacRumors]
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 04-13-2012 at 08:20 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

It would be nice if they combined a gaming platform with the rumored integrated iTV. Perhaps Valve is collaborating with Apple for an 'OnLive' type gaming service that could run independent of hardware specification to keep price down. It would be cool if apple could come up with a device to replace every bit of electronics in your living room except the TV screen. No game system, bluray, dvd, reciever, etc, cluttering up space. Clean, functional, elegant, Apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    It would be nice if they combined a gaming platform with the rumored integrated iTV. Perhaps Valve is collaborating with Apple for an 'OnLive' type gaming service that could run independent of hardware specification to keep price down. It would be cool if apple could come up with a device to replace every bit of electronics in your living room except the TV screen. No game system, bluray, dvd, reciever, etc, cluttering up space. Clean, functional, elegant, Apple.
    This!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

Seems a little unlikely seeing as though they would have to find a way of making it very compressed but only time will tell; afterall - making complicated systems simple is what Apple does best.

Thanks

Would be nice to see half life make its way to iOS devices!

Thanks

no shyt, that would be awesome!

iPhone? More like MyPhone CabooseLoL's Avatar
    Thanks

I want CS 1.6 and half life. That is all.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Talking Exactly!
    My thoughts exactly! I mean why not? There was even a rumor not too long ago, that Apple were designing a game controller.
    I'm really hoping you're right

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It could also be why they never approved of the onlive app that enabled this functionality. I'm kinda bitter at Apple. Because onlive has this technology and the controller ready to go(since like December)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,250 Times in 186 Posts

Time to think with iPads...

Thanks

Woooooooo I would love to play on my iPad
    iPhone is very good and Android is also good, but i haven't tried the Android yet, so my next phone will be an Android if Apple doesn't whip out something irreplaceable!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 839 Posts

Maybe Apple is trying to break into the console market? There was talk that Valve was in plans to start their own console. It would be, essentially, a small gaming computer dedicated to Steam downloads. I really, really like that idea!

Yeah, see here: http://www.shacknews.com/article/733...ng-experiences
    Last edited by Jahooba; 04-15-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Thanks

Hope that ia true^
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide