+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Releases Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 2

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Microsoft Releases Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 2

Office for Mac 2011 users are in for a treat as Microsoft has released an update taking the office suit to version 14.2. The company says the update provides the “latest fixes to Office for Mac 2011. Additionally, this update contains stability and reliability improvements.”

To be more specific, the update improves upon SkyDrive connectivity, provides upload functionality improvements for SharePoint, and has language fixes in German and Italian. There are also a slew of fixes for Exchange, along with printing fixes for Word, and full screen views for PowerPoint. For those of you interested in downloading the update, it should be noted that you are required to be running OS X 10.5.8 or later.

Microsoft Office should alert you, informing you about the update, when you run any software that is part of the suite. If it doesn’t do this then you can obtain the appropriate download link on the Microsoft support page (found in the source link below).

Source: Microsoft

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Now they can finish my Ipad version.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Microsoft Office on Mac is like iTunes on a PC...they just don't really care much about it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ccoltmanm's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Microsoft Office on Mac is like iTunes on a PC...they just don't really care much about it.
    You are kiddin right? It's by far the best office suite for the Mac.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ccoltmanm View Post
    You are kiddin right? It's by far the best office suite for the Mac.
    Of course it's the best suite for Mac, I never said it wasn't! I work with both Windows and Mac Office on a daily basis and the Windows Office can do a lot more than the Mac! It's also easier to do things on the Windows version. It's the same thing with iTunes on a Mac, it's a lot better. The version for Windows is just a basic version of it, that's why a lot Windows users don't like using it. So no, I'm not kidding, that's just the way it is, it doesn't mean it sucks, it's just not as good.
    Last edited by steve-z17; 04-13-2012 at 11:39 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me mustard05's Avatar
    Thanks

I use them both daily as well. They both do the same functions. The only problem I have had in the past is finding the same functions is both applications because they are not the same. Overall I prefer the Mac version as I do find it easier to use, but to each his own.

Why is this even ews?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Why do people say this so much?? I personally find Office for Mac to be better than Office for Windows.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

I had to stop using Outlook a number of months ago, due to its lack of integration with iCal/iCloud, and my becoming more and more irritated with recurring doubling of contacts. Outlook just doesn't play well in the Mac subsystem of doing things, unless you/your company is using Exchange server. If this has changed, please let me know, and I will re-consider. Until then, I won't even open Outlook. I do use Word and Powerpoint all the time.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Anyone loving the box art?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stefman_R View Post
    Why do people say this so much?? I personally find Office for Mac to be better than Office for Windows.
    Because its true....Microsoft doesn't really care much about Office for Mac OS like they do for Windows Office. Same thing with Apple, they don't really care much about iTunes for Windows like they do for Mac OS. How does that not make sense?
    Last edited by steve-z17; 04-13-2012 at 01:16 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kuhndsn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mustard05 View Post
    I use them both daily as well. They both do the same functions. The only problem I have had in the past is finding the same functions is both applications because they are not the same. Overall I prefer the Mac version as I do find it easier to use, but to each his own.

Why is this even ews?
    Could you possibly share the function setting for read receipts? BTW there is a comparison with functions that are different. They go into great detail at a MS Office certification class.