+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ivy Bridge CPUs Rumored for April 23 - MacBook Pro Refresh said to arrive in May

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Ivy Bridge CPUs Rumored for April 23 - MacBook Pro Refresh said to arrive in May

According to sources close to Taiwanese publication, DigiTimes, it has been revealed that the announcement of Intel’s next-generation Ivy Bridge processors has been moved from the original date of April 29 to April 23. Furthermore, the second-generation of ultrabooks is expected to arrive in May. Therefore, companies such as Asustek, Acer, Lenovo, and Hewlett-Packard are gearing up for a slew of ultrabook releases next month.

On the Mac front, Apple’s 15-inch MacBook pros will likely be the first to feature the new Intel chips. It is currently rumored that the updated MacBook Pro lineup could arrive as early as the end of April, although a May release seems much more accurate at this point in time. We definitely know it is close by though as several resellers are listing current-generation 15-inch MacBook pros as “out of stock,” which is usually a sign of an impending release.

Furthermore, it has been rumored (for a long time at that) that Apple is planning a major revamp of its notebook offerings – ultimately bringing the MacBook Pro lineup in line with the design of the MacBook Air lineup. It is currently even being said that slimmer 17-inch models are expected to arrive and join the ranks of the 11-inch model, 13-inch model, and 15-inch model by the end of the year. Following the release of the MacBook Pro lineup refresh, it is being expected that the Cupertino California company will be releasing updated Ivy Bridge iMacs as early as June or July as well.

We’ll have to wait and see how reliable the news is and fortunately we won’t have to wait that much longer. What’s more exciting is to wait and see if the ultrabooks are going to be as successful as Intel say they will be.

Source: DigiTimes

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Great news!! I've had my 15' MacBookPro for about 2 years..good 'ol core 2 duo haha! I can't wait to get my hands on a lighter, sleeker model. Previous articles on Mmi suggest no optical drive with SSD. How many even use their optical drives anymore? Already have SuperDrive so I'm ready and waiting woohoo!

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm pretty excited for the new line-up. The 17" MBP has never really interested me cause it's fairly large and pretty heavy! But if they come out with something thinner (as mentioned above), I might take another look at them. I'll probably end up sticking with the 15" though, it's cheaper

Thanks

I just wonder if they are - along with ditching optical drives - nixing the Serial ATA hard drives... I shudder to even think of the prices of 500 and 750GB flash storage drives.
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR