Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First iTunes 11 Details Emerge

Default First iTunes 11 Details Emerge

9to5Mac is reporting today that Apple has started seeding the next major release of iTunes, iTunes 11.

The new version of iTunes according to 9to5Mac’s sources will focus on “under-the-hood” changes and perhaps a few minor cosmetic alterations as well. However, aside from the minor user-interface changes, the major updates include compatibility with iOS 6 and improved iCloud integration.

It’s nice to know Apple is future proofing their iTunes updates through iOS 6 (whenever that comes out), but the inclusion of an iCloud dedicated settings panel within iTunes is something that should have been released alongside iCloud last year. The panel will of reportedly include features such as iTunes Match, iTunes in the Cloud, and iOS device backups.

Also, 9to5Mac claims that Apples acquisition of company Chomp earlier this year to help with the iTunes Store and App Store revamp will be realized by this summer or early fall. According to 9to5Mac’s sources the Chomp team may have been fully integrated into an Apple team that “specifically exists” to improve content discovery in the iTunes application and the online store.

Bring on the changes. In the meantime stare at the lone screenshot of iTunes 11.

Source: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by blkcadi; 04-11-2012 at 01:49 PM.

just make it faster i say.

Thanks

Agree
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

Too bad my/our iPhones last 3 hours with iCloud integration throughout the day.

Thanks

Well Not that i'm a Fan of faster since it's fast enough for me..I'd like to see a refreshed state of iTunes although the cloud setting are A nice touch..i still Do it all from my iPhone & iPad..so that's not a big Deal..BUT...content discovery is all i'm about..start getting some older shows that i am unable to get..nor am i will go On Hulu for them because Hulu & Netflix don't have the specific shows i want. BUT..the mention of iOS6..makes me wonder what the Next Gen iPhone will have. Could it have iOS 6? i doubt it since this is the first i've heard about it. Shame i don't have connections like these to find out what iOS6 MIGHT look like.

iOS 6 will probably look a hell of a lot like iOS 5

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I would love a massive UI update for iTunes. It just doesn't mesh (visually) with iOS, OS X, or even Windows. It's ugly, its boring, it's been the same since the beginning of time. It's really time for a refresh, especially with Mountain Lion on the horizon.
    El Zurdo

Am I the only one that notices he spelt iTunes, Itunes? Newbie mistake.

Thanks

iTunes gets better with every release. Can't be said of most music engines these days. I can't wait to see what is done. I too think iTunes needs a "fresh look" and feel. Nothing really wrong with the current setup..its just the competition is copying what is existing and now its time for Apple to set the bar again..just saying :]

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericwall View Post
    Am I the only one that notices he spelt iTunes, Itunes? Newbie mistake.
    You're not alone.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

If they're taking requests - which they aren't - how about a smaller footprint/less resource hogging on Windows PCs?
    Reminding you all that YOU'RE YOUR

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Honestly who cares about grammar and spelling? if my phone doesn't catch it I'm not going to bother. That's what technology is for!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    iTunes gets better with every release. Can't be said of most music engines these days. I can't wait to see what is done. I too think iTunes needs a "fresh look" and feel. Nothing really wrong with the current setup..its just the competition is copying what is existing and now its time for Apple to set the bar again..just saying :]
    sorry but iTunes does not get better with every update/version i would say it often gets worse and really slow to the point its now almost unusable and this is on a brand new pc! its high time iTunes was rebuilt from the ground up! it needs to be made faster and nicer to look at, the main basic look has not changed since around version !

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyz View Post
    Its still as slow as hell, and hangs at the worst moment. Still can't handle syncing different items to different devices, and you can only sync your device to one computer

It needs to be redesigned from the ground up.

fix iTunes match, I'm tired of hearing my favorite songs edited. all the rest of those changes they can keep

Quote Originally Posted by rickuk View Post
    Its still as slow as hell, and hangs at the worst moment. Still can't handle syncing different items to different devices, and you can only sync your device to one computer

It needs to be redesigned from the ground up.
    iTunes on the Mac works beautifully. Unlike on the PC, it is actually NOT painful to use.

Drag and drop apps. I don't want any of this syncing and transferring purchases ********. I use ********** to install apps that I pay for, just because it's infinitely easier. Why do I need all of my apps on my Mac and my iPod/Pad?!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,562 Times in 7,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    Drag and drop apps. I don't want any of this syncing and transferring purchases ********. I use ********** to install apps that I pay for, just because it's infinitely easier. Why do I need all of my apps on my Mac and my iPod/Pad?!
    Easier? Seriously? That makes no sense at all.

Thanks

Gets better every time?...wrong...how come iTunes 10.3 puts pics back on my phone in order, but 10.5 up puts them back on out of order!??!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast