+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: TextWrangler 4.0 Released

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Finding a good, free text editor for Mac OS X can be a daunting task. TextEdit (the Mac OS X version of Notepad) just doesn't do enough and sometimes Microsoft
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default TextWrangler 4.0 Released

Finding a good, free text editor for Mac OS X can be a daunting task. TextEdit (the Mac OS X version of Notepad) just doesn't do enough and sometimes Microsoft Word just does too much. Luckily for Mac OS X users, a very popular, free text editor has just been updated with more features and improvements to make it even better.

TextWrangler by Bare Bones Software is commonly referred to as the Notepad++ of Mac OS X. It has many options to help guide you with your creations and it has many tools that are geared toward coders – both for programming and Web design, such as line counters, mistake alerts, highlighting, syntax coloring, and a clean interface.

The new version of TextWrangler (4.0) comes with a new and improved left-bound user interface as well as a ton new features we didn’t have before. There are so many new features that we will only list some of the best below from Bare Bones Software's release notes:
    • The ability to search inside of compressed files
    • Discrete Change Case options are now available
    • FTP browsers get a "Manage Bookmarks" command
    • The Find and Multi-File Search windows get new commands
    • Full-screen mode is supported for editing windows on Mac OS X 10.7
    • The dock menu has a new command: "New Text Document"

System requirements for installing TextWranger 4.0 include an Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.6 or later (10.6.8, 10.7.3 or later recommended). For a free text editor with more capabilities than TextEdit, you just cannot go wrong with downloading TextWrangler. You can snag it from this link. Alternatively, you can download it from the Mac App Store.

Sources: OSX Daily
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 04-10-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Nice updates I use this program daily to do HTML and other coding

Thanks

OMG I am so pumped. I make all my tweaks in TextWrangler. This is going to kick so much ***

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate the new look
    Full screen mode sucks unless the window is pulled fully out before entering fullscreen its the same size which intern renders fullscreen useless
    The ARROW for file view on the top right is now GONE to access files and make more room for left to right scrolling
    The files are now on the left side GAH