+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Walter Isaacson: Steve Jobs Really Did Hate Android

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Painkiller006 Your comment smells like pure fanboyism...Just because you didn't have the issue doesn't mean hundreds of other people didn't. Besides, Apple themselves acknowledge there was a
    The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Your comment smells like pure fanboyism...Just because you didn't have the issue doesn't mean hundreds of other people didn't. Besides, Apple themselves acknowledge there was a problem. Resolution is low on a bigger screen, doubtful. No problems on my GS2 and resolution isn't low either. I can be a fanboy aslo look, my friend used my GS2 to type and in the first 30 seconds he said "wow, your keyboard is so responsive compare to mine" And i wasn't just talking about on screen keyboards, talking about a real psychical keyboard. If no one cared for 3D then not a single person would have bought the Evo3D or the other 3D phone. Just because YOU don't care for something doesn't mean everyone else doesn't care either. Lastly, If your iOS is so refined out of the box, why did YOU jailbrake it then?
    Thank you

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

The main complaint I hear about android is the fragmentation which applies to both hardware and software. Some of my friends complain that their 2 year old android phone can't run ice cream sandwich. For comparison, the 3GS is now 3 years old and still runs the latest version of ios 5 just fine.

Other complaints are about android battery life and this comes from my evo 4g and galaxy s2 owner friends. S the complaints aren't just limited to old handsets. The problems obviously persist. I bought a droid incredible back when Verizon had just released it and the first thing I had to buy for it even before a case was the seidio extended battery and I still had to keep the stock battery charged and with me so I could swap it out when the extended battery eventually drained if I was going to be away for charging source for most of the day.

I'm sure there's more but let me ask you this if android is so good then why do iPhones constantly resell on the secondary markets for a lot more than their android counterparts?

Also I didn't have to jailbreak my iPhone or my iPad but the reason I did was to add little tweaks that make the experience better. Note we don't have to flash custom roms or root our phones to fix problems like battery life.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Location unknown.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    The main complaint I hear about android is the fragmentation which applies to both hardware and software. Some of my friends complain that their 2 year old android phone can't run ice cream sandwich. For comparison, the 3GS is now 3 years old and still runs the latest version of ios 5 just fine.

Other complaints are about android battery life and this comes from my evo 4g and galaxy s2 owner friends. S the complaints aren't just limited to old handsets. The problems obviously persist. I bought a droid incredible back when Verizon had just released it and the first thing I had to buy for it even before a case was the seidio extended battery and I still had to keep the stock battery charged and with me so I could swap it out when the extended battery eventually drained if I was going to be away for charging source for most of the day.

I'm sure there's more but let me ask you this if android is so good then why do iPhones constantly resell on the secondary markets for a lot more than their android counterparts?

Also I didn't have to jailbreak my iPhone or my iPad but the reason I did was to add little tweaks that make the experience better. Note we don't have to flash custom roms or root our phones to fix problems like battery life.
    I don't think they put the amount of time and effort into android that Apple puts into iOS. I think Apple also does a better job on quality then android does. It's very rare you see someone with a bricked device or hardware problem unless their jailbroken.
    Great minds discuss ideas.
    Average minds discuss events.
    Small minds discuss people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    I don't think they put the amount of time and effort into android that Apple puts into iOS. I think Apple also does a better job on quality then android does. It's very rare you see someone with a bricked device or hardware problem unless their jailbroken.
    Unfortunately, one of my old 2g's experienced the rarity

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Unfortunately, one of my old 2g's experienced the rarity
    Aw that sucks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by X H4CK3R X View Post
    Aw that sucks
    Haha yeah but they replaced it thankfully

Thanks

Yah they're very good on their warranties

8. The Following User Says Thank You to H4CK3R For This Useful Post:

mluciotti (04-10-2012)

+ Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345