Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Walter Isaacson: Steve Jobs Really Did Hate Android

Quote Originally Posted by GooseG View Post
    removed
    You mad bro?
    Last edited by Simon; 04-06-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Becaus SJ never ripped off ideas of others (e.g., xerox)? I am sorry to say this, and it sounds horrible but if this is true "I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." Then GOOD RIDDANCE SJ.
    Get a clue, Apple licensed from Xerox. They PAID....what did Google pay, nothing, just sat on the board, getting inside information which they then deny using....

This has nothing to do with trying to say Steve didn't copy from others at all but you obviously don't have clue 1 about how it happened.
    Last edited by Simon; 04-06-2012 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom1234 View Post
    You mad bro?
    You know... Both phones are great in its own way( per how you apply your business, work ethic or just gaming). Most people who have these devices, please listen you guys/gals, are not aware of the unlimited capabilities these devices can perform such as myself. I have had android for years, and right now lemme tell u that I have a bb, Samsung conquer(4g) and this I phone. Like I said every phone is different in its own way per how you use it but this I phone, is the ultimate winner in my. Oil, this thing is awesome! And guess what? I haven't even j-beed yet!!!! And that's the fun of having an I phone. Fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn@rd. View Post
    You know... Both phones are great in its own way( per how you apply your business, work ethic or just gaming). Most people who have these devices, please listen you guys/gals, are not aware of the unlimited capabilities these devices can perform such as myself. I have had android for years, and right now lemme tell u that I have a bb, Samsung conquer(4g) and this I phone. Like I said every phone is different in its own way per how you use it but this I phone, is the ultimate winner in my. Oil, this thing is awesome! And guess what? I haven't even j-beed yet!!!! And that's the fun of having an I phone. Fin.
    sorry, meant to say my eyes

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GooseG View Post
    Firstly, don't call him SJ. Second, Android blows. Anyone with a brain can see that. Steve had a brilliant mind, therefore he hated android. Get over it.

Your maturity is sad.
    Last edited by Simon; 04-06-2012 at 06:59 PM.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Co1d Night For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (04-06-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn@rd. View Post

sorry, meant to say my eyes
    and another thing....please.. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion about Steve Jobs, I diddnt know him personally, I just like many, have followed him over the years. This is actually my first apple-product(I-p4) and I absolutely love it. Steve took apple into a whole new millennium if you really think about it, he wasn't paranoid, he was#1, human, he had faults, he got upset, can you blame him? He knew he had a good product and he just did not trust anyone. And that's common sense. Fin.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Becaus SJ never ripped off ideas of others (e.g., xerox)? I am sorry to say this, and it sounds horrible but if this is true "I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." Then GOOD RIDDANCE SJ.

That is every company's thought. That's the nature of the business world, to destroy competition.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by littlelisa63 View Post
    "3 Apples changed the world: Adam and Eve's forbidden apple, Newton's apple and finally Steve Jobs' Apple"
    For the record, Adam and Eve never had a "forbidden apple." No apple involved at all.

Genesis 2:9 - And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
    Genesis 2:16-17 - And the LORD God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    How am I a fanboy when I own a PS3, PC, Wii, iPhone, an LG tv? Do you even know what a fanboy is? Keep your unintelligent comments to yourself. LOL
    Fanboy: a person willing to defend and promote the object of his affection regardless of fact and objectivity.
    Apple-fanboy: a passionate advocate for Apple operating systems and hardware also known as an Apple Evangelist.
    Owning more than one brand of something is irrelevant. "LOL"

Keep on deluding yourself...
    geez kid relax. Aren't you supposed to be in school?
    Last edited by iPod; 04-06-2012 at 12:06 PM.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Let's just put it this way... Apple/Steve Jobs stole/bought/borrowed/whatever those ideas and patents and put it to good use. Had Steve not done that, all those ideas and 'innovations' would still be in the back burners or locked up in some file cabinet.

AND if Apple didn't put out iOS, Andriod may have never materialize. AND if Apple didn't put out the iPhone, Samsung/HTC/LG/etc. would still be making dumb phones. It's no accident Android powered phones all came after the iPhone. So all you using Andriod and are happy with it should really thank Apple/Steve Jobs.

That goes the same for tablets too! The iPad is the first really useable tablet. Then came Andriod tablets. Coincidence? Probably not. Yes, there were touchscreens, tablets PCs, and what not but did those ever sell and function like the iPad?

Ideas are useless if it isn't put to good use. Patients are useless to consumers if it isn't applied into a product. Apple didn't invent a lot of the stuff. They simply reinvented it.
    Last edited by RyoSaeba; 04-06-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Fanboy: a person willing to defend and promote the object of his affection regardless of fact and objectivity.
    Apple-fanboy: a passionate advocate for Apple operating systems and hardware also known as an Apple Evangelist.
    Owning more than one brand of something is irrelevant. "LOL"

geez kid relax. Aren't you supposed to be in school?
    Wow, if I were a fanboy I would say apple is better than any other company, too bad for you that's not the case. Apple owns the cellphone market, without them Android would never exist or any other cellphone brand for that matter. I prefer my PS3 over a 360 just as I prefer my Windows 7 PC over Macs.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

How am I a fanboy when I own a PS3, PC, Wii, iPhone, an LG tv? Do you even know what a fanboy is? Keep your unintelligent comments to yourself. LOL
    How are you NOT a fanboy when your defending apple like a ravage dog with foam coming out of it's mouth. Settle down boy. Funny you mention you own all those devices because that's completely irrelevant.

If you hate the iPhone so much then why are you here then? Android is crap, I had one and I know. iPhone doesn't lag, freeze and the battery last the whole day. Try doing that with your Android.
    Have you tried one of the newest Android phone? Let me imitate you "Apple is crap, I had one and I know. Android doesn't lag, freeze and the battery last the whole day. Try doing that with your iPhone. See how dumb and fanboyish I sound. Besides, everyone has their own opinion, don't need to get all crazy when someone doesn't share the same idea as you.
    Last edited by Simon; 04-06-2012 at 07:01 PM.

I have owned every iPhone to date and also iPad 1 and iPad 2, after years of apple products, I decided to give the Skyrocket a chance.
    So I bought one and when you buy it out of the box the battery life is horrible sometimes the touch is not really proper.
    But then I rooted + kernel change + new rom + overclocked to 1.7ghz + battery management tool = win, Now the phone is blazing fast and just the right size.

My wife has the 4s so sometimes I have to use it because Air mouse seems to work extremely awesome with iPhone, on the android its kind of clunky.

Another thing that irks me is Hulu is not ready for my Skyrocket and works great on the 4s.

So all and all I mean I love the 4s but it didnt offer any new design changes. thats the only reason I game android a chance.

Also was going to buy the iPad 3 but I think I will give transformer prime a chance.

Thanks

Android is complete utter garbage.
    another example of fanboyism and hatred. You can't say android is garbage without defending yourself. I could say iOS is garbage because it has no customization, the battery life isn't great, and when you do eventually jailbreak most tweaks cause lag. Android you can customize all you want with no lag. My gripe with android is that its app store isn't as developed, and there's no android ecosystem that apple has.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Did he hate it because it stood in his way and it was his job to hate it? or was there something in particular he didn't like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by darkcrave View Post
    ...So I bought one and when you buy it out of the box the battery life is horrible sometimes the touch is not really proper.
    But then I rooted + kernel change + new rom + overclocked to 1.7ghz + battery management tool = win, Now the phone is blazing fast and just the right size.
    So you're saying Android devices have to go though all that before it works correctly? How many people knows how to do that? Why do ANYONE have to do all these technical things before you get your money's worth? That's just wrong.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RyoSaeba View Post
    So you're saying Android devices have to go though all that before it works correctly? How many people knows how to do that? Why do ANYONE have to do all these technical things before you get your money's worth? That's just wrong.
    Same reason why you have to jailbreak to get your money's worth with an iOS device.

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Same reason why you have to jailbreak to get your money's worth with an iOS device.
    Really? How many people complain about horrible battery life? How many people complain about touch problems? Speed problems? How does iOS not work properly out of the box? Jailbreak changeable items are mostly cosmetic and perhaps make some setting more convenient. But it isn't something that any iPhone can't function properly without.

Thing is, if those Android problems can be fixed by installing a new ROM, why don't manufactures or Google implement them in updates so regular users also take advantage of them.
    Last edited by RyoSaeba; 04-07-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Let's just put it this way... Apple/Steve Jobs stole/bought/borrowed/whatever those ideas and patents and put it to good use. Had Steve not done that, all those ideas and 'innovations' would still be in the back burners or locked up in some file cabinet.

AND if Apple didn't put out iOS, Andriod may have never materialize. AND if Apple didn't put out the iPhone, Samsung/HTC/LG/etc. would still be making dumb phones. It's no accident Android powered phones all came after the iPhone. So all you using Andriod and are happy with it should really thank Apple/Steve Jobs.

That goes the same for tablets too! The iPad is the first really useable tablet. Then came Andriod tablets. Coincidence? Probably not. Yes, there were touchscreens, tablets PCs, and what not but did those ever sell and function like the iPad?

Ideas are useless if it isn't put to good use. Patients are useless to consumers if it isn't applied into a product. Apple didn't invent a lot of the stuff. They simply reinvented it.
    I.e. making modifications to an existing product, kinda-sorta

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Really? How many people complain about horrible battery life? How many people complain about touch problems? Speed problems? How does iOS not work properly out of the box? Jailbreak changeable items are mostly cosmetic and perhaps make some setting more convenient. But it isn't something that any iPhone can't function properly without.

Thing is, if those Android problems can be fixed by installing a new ROM, why don't manufactures or Google implement them in updates so regular users also take advantage of them.
    A lot of people complain about the iphone battery life, remember this?
    iPhone Battery Life Flaw Confirmed By Apple; iOS 5 Update To Solve It

Thanks

You are correct in saying that iPhone works perfectly out of the box. But to get its full potential, you need to jailbreak. Most android phones work perfectly out of the box. Occasionally you'll have a few duds, but touch problems are hardware issues not software. Bottom line is, people can choose whatever OS they want. The two are superior to each other in different areas. Oh and btw, as said by someone else, iPhone 4S has awful battery life.

Precisely.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast