+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Walter Isaacson: Steve Jobs Really Did Hate Android

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Rabid fanboys always make my day.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Yeah too bad I'm not a fanboy because I actually owned an Android before and it was crap :P
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an lg Optimus as my phone and an iPad 2. I will admit, for me the big draw of android to me is the customization it allows. I can install a new rom when ever I feel like a new change, using launchers to customize the homepage ui, different keyboards like swype.then there are truely innovative roms like cyanogen which takes pure android and tweaked it to the nines.

Now I love my iPad, but at the time I bought it the android tablet market was suffering major growing pains, and had zero apps I wanted so I got the iPad 2. Would I do it different today if I had the choice? I don't know. To me apple needs 2 things to truely win me. Customization and external memory. Apple give me those and I will jump ship. I really hate iOS ui but have softened my feelings on this by jailbreaking and doing some of the limited tweaks that seem to work for the iPad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose060789 View Post
    removed
    +1
    Last edited by Simon; 04-06-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rehtaehy73 View Post
    Come on. Anyone saying they're HAPPY that he died is horrible.
    He would have used his leverage to destroy a competitor by burying it in lawsuites. If he was sincere, in my eyes, HE is horrible for that.

Quote Originally Posted by xLastWishx View Post
    I understand your views but you must understand that being happy that someone dies when they've done nothing to harm you is simply disrespectful and inhumane.
    I clearly stated I am happy he died when he did. He wasn't able to throw all his money at Android and bury it. He was arrogant to the point that he didn't seek proper care for his ailments, and that was the end of him. It sounds like he would have attempted to harm me, THE CONSUMER, by trying to destroy Android. In short, get over yourself. His death may have kept Android alive (or his words about Android may have been a scheme to rile up the cult long after he was gone). Not like I assassinated him. Sheesh.

removed[/B]
    Seems you should consider your own advice here...
    Last edited by Simon; 04-06-2012 at 06:09 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (04-06-2012)

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 908 Posts

"3 Apples changed the world: Adam and Eve's forbidden apple, Newton's apple and finally Steve Jobs' Apple"

iPhone? More like MyPhone chad daddy's Avatar
    Thanks

It's clearly a preference thing.
    People they all check your Facebook okay?!?!?
    iPhone does have a better battery tho. But no 4g
    That's why it depends on the person this arguing is ridiculous.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

removed
    someones had a bad day...........
    Last edited by Simon; 04-06-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Thanks

From someone who's had every generation of iPhone, and now an GSII owner, there are so many differences, yet so many similarities. Things on the iPhone, they work. Period. Everything. It's part of the product, it's how the manage the product, it's how the build the devices. Is it better? No, it really isn't. I find them both to be wonderful mobile experiences, in different ways.

I don't normally get into the Android and IOS debates, as it's purely what you prefer as a consumer. I find things on my iPhone that are far superior, better in functionality, and vise versa. Rooted, with a custom ROM, you cannot touch the speed of Android. But, it manages memory poorly, and it bottlenecks. iOS doesn't seem to struggle with that as badly. But it has a techie feel, a much bigger screen, and honestly, I prefer the interface now that I've used one for some length of time. One thing about Android is it continues to evolve - it's constantly getting better. It's growing.

And I will say this, in it's stock form, a Galaxy SII battery is god awful. Root it, new kernel, a custom rom, and the battery life is amazing. I loved my iPhone's, but Android has come a long, long way.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    I clearly stated I am happy he died when he did. He wasn't able to throw all his money at Android and bury it. He was arrogant to the point that he didn't seek proper care for his ailments, and that was the end of him. It sounds like he would have attempted to harm me, THE CONSUMER, by trying to destroy Android. In short, get over yourself. His death may have kept Android alive (or his words about Android may have been a scheme to rile up the cult long after he was gone). Not like I assassinated him. Sheesh.
    So if someone were to say, I'm glad your mom died when she did would that be okay? Also he may not be able to throw his money at Android and bury it but he made more of an impact to the world than Android has ever done, regardless if Apple 'copied' some part of Android's elements. I also meant physical harm by the way. In short, get over YOURSELF. His death had nothing to do with Android's life, that OS is so fragmented that it's technically dead anyways since approximately 3% of all Android devices run the current operating system. MOST Android phones run Gingerbread still and last time I checked, that was released in 2010 and updated in 2011 to from 2.3 to 2.3.7. iOS5 was even a WORLDWIDE trending topic on Twitter, Android is barely mentioned EVEN when Instagram was released for it. I didn't even say nor implied that you assassinated him so I don't know what you're talking about. Sheesh.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

removed.
    1. dude you gotta calm down man..
    2. everyone is entitled to there own opinion.
    3. i've had both and there both good in there own ways.
    Last edited by Simon; 04-06-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CrAzYiaN View Post
    1. dude you gotta calm down man..
    2. everyone is entitled to there own opinion.
    3. i've had both and there both good in there own ways.
    I agree, both phones have different things that we want/like in a cellular device, have had both, and I'm a first-timer(I phone) and let me tell the masses in my own opinion; this phone is awesome

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cmay227 View Post
    Sj was a **** everyone knows he was a ****. just because he died doesn't make him a saint. and for everyone who says android sucks, you precious iPhone just added quite a few features in ios 5 that android had long before. iPhones are for simpletons. android take a little more effort in the brain dept. also google doesn't make phones so the release 1 phone a yr comment is stupid. google does it because it make a shitload of cash licensing out the os.
    Really?? Iphones are for simpletons? I have often heard how Android is for the people who don't know how to use Mac products. How much more seamless can you get than icloud to all your devices? I do not understand people like you. Android is a virus ridden rip off, just like Pc's. Been on both platforms and BY FAR Mac makes a better product, hardware and software. They just WORK. No crashes. No viruses. No BS. But hey, I guess it's easier for you! Just look at your punctuation and spelling, tells it all.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

This is the only warning I will give everybody. Keep it a clean debate and not personal attacks. Insulting or harrasement of other members is against the rules and you will receive an infraction.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

You should consider educating yourself and rethink about your life before posting idiotic comments.
    Speak for yourself.
    Android is awesome. It's only getting better with google play and ICS. It's now a legitimate contender with iOS, and in my opinion superior. Please keep your fanboyish comments to yourself. "Android is crap!"...."lol

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

Thanks

removed.

This is hilarious... "Android is crap... iPhone doesn't lag, freeze, and battery lasts the whole day. Try doing that with your Android."

You generalize everything. Maybe you should educate yourself. You "HAD" an android? I bet it wasn't ICS, which is phenomenal! I have ios5 and ICS and ICS is more appealing.

Either way.. Windows Phone is going to at least knock Android out, and give IOS a run. Metro is gorgeous. Nokia Lumia this sunday, i might get it or wait for Windows 8
    Last edited by Simon; 04-06-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks

i think this article is trolling ... this debate.. the stealing ideas... its been talked over and over... boriingg~!

Thanks

IOS / Android debate, brings them out a swing'in. I've always been a Apple supporter, they work for me. I've never had any reason to use a Android device. This argument will last forever, and there's never a definite winner.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Let's be honest... Steve Jobs didn't exactly create anything new with the iPhone itself. It was the "cool" factor and association with the iPod that garnered its original popularity. mp3, touch screen, icons, accelerometer, none of that was new. Not until the App store did Apple really start to differentiate, and even Blackberry beat them to that... Apple just commercialized it. They did it better. That's it, really.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mcuningham For This Useful Post:

cpotoso (04-06-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    Speak for yourself.
    Android is awesome. It's only getting better with google play and ICS. It's now a legitimate contender with iOS, and in my opinion superior. Please keep your fanboyish comments to yourself. "Android is crap!"...."lol
    How am I a fanboy when I own a PS3, PC, Wii, iPhone, an LG tv? Do you even know what a fanboy is? Keep your unintelligent comments to yourself. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    This is hilarious... "Android is crap... iPhone doesn't lag, freeze, and battery lasts the whole day. Try doing that with your Android."

You generalize everything. Maybe you should educate yourself. You "HAD" an android? I bet it wasn't ICS, which is phenomenal! I have ios5 and ICS and ICS is more appealing.

Either way.. Windows Phone is going to at least knock Android out, and give IOS a run. Metro is gorgeous. Nokia Lumia this sunday, i might get it or wait for Windows 8
    Keep on deluding yourself...
    Last edited by Simon; 04-06-2012 at 06:08 PM.
    Sent from my iPhone 4.