Apple recently released version 2.1 of its iAd Producer software which adds Twitter integration along with a slew of improvements and fixes for the advertisement building tool. Amongst the various updates, the main features that iAd Producer 2.1 brings to the table is support for the third-generation iPad and Twitter integration for a more social media connected experience.
The Cupertino California company recently raised iAd developer revenue to 70% up from the previous 60%, which is meant to compensate for lower ad rates. iAds have seen a lackluster interest and Apple even lowered the minimum price of entry to $500,000 (after starting at $1 million) a few short months after its launch. The $500,000 price tag was lowered to $300,000 and once again to $100,000 which is where the current minimum stands. Apple released version 2.0 in November of 2011, with updates such as animation tools and code-editing improvements to help try and increase the popularity of the program.
For those of you who are interested, you can catch the release notes for the updated software below:
This update contains various improvements and fixes that:
• Provide improved load and save performance for iAd projects
• Improve the performance of exported ad units
• Facilitate better pre-load behavior for assets in exported ad units
• Allow ad upload and testing with iOS devices connected via USB
• Reduce device memory usage for image views
• Enable use of image sprites
• Provide support for on-device debugging
• Enable Twitter integration in iAd content
• Simplify visualization of animations by providing an onion-skinning view
• Expand the types of assets that can be imported and managed in the asset library to include common document types
• Support the new media object in iAd JS
• Provide support for integration of WebGL assets in iAd content
• Extend device support to include The New iPad
iAd Producer includes:
• A single-window interface for viewing and editing ad layouts and settings.
• Project templates with pre-built ad structure including banners, splash pages, and menus.
• An extensive library of page layouts, controls, and interactive elements.
• Sophisticated object animation tools with precise control over event timing and object properties.
• The ability to create custom, reusable elements for use in iAd advertising.
• iAd simulation for Mac and iOS devices.