Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ashton Kutcher feels Steve Jobs' Role Was "Meant for Him"

Thanks

Default Ashton Kutcher feels Steve Jobs' Role Was "Meant for Him"

Producer Mark Hulme of Five Star Feature Films said that Ashton Kutcher (who has been chosen to play Steve Jobs in an upcoming film) believes that this role was “meant for him.” According to Hulme, “he is already meeting with folks that knew Jobs.” Furthermore, “he’s working with professionals to get inside the voice. He’s letting his hair grow out. I understand he’s canceled all meetings and actually canceled all other projects.”

The popular actor seems to have “loved” the script and rumor has it that he wants to prove everyone that the role is perfect for him. It was revealed previously that an independent film was being worked on, with the focus of portraying Job’s growth from a “wayward hippie” to a successful entrepreneur. The role is a bit different from what Kutcher typically plays but he seems determined to succeed.

Some information regarding the movie was reaffirmed by The Daily, which noted the story would start in 1971 with the initial partnership of Jobs and Steve Wozniak. It will focus in detail on the early years of Apple, move into the recruiting of former Apple CEO John Sculley, then transition into Jobs making his triumphant return after being fired from the company.

Accordig to Hulme, the project is going to be “award-worthy.” We’ll have to wait if Kutcher can portray Jobs accurately and see if the movie turns out to be as moving and inspirational as the story of Steve Jobs really is.

Source: The Daily

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

To his credit, he does look like Steve...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post
    A lot. And he's a great actor. I think he can pull it off

Quote Originally Posted by baRRy boRRis View Post

Yup, that's about all we can go on for now. The voice shouldn't be too bad either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DuRoLuRo View Post
    A lot. And he's a great actor. I think he can pull it off
    What production has he acted well in...? I'm soo curious...

Quote Originally Posted by petrusk View Post
    IMO The only thing I've ever seen him in that was survivable was The Butterfly Effect...

I think that because he greatly admired Steve Jobs he will give it his best. Whether that will be good enough only time will tell. But if I had to choose I'd rather have someone that admired Steve to portray him than someone that just wants a salary.
    Last edited by Breezy215; 04-04-2012 at 08:57 AM.

Maybe when he's older he can do a movie about how the iPhone changed history :P

cant see this being a success to be honest,

F.y.i, just about anyone with similar body size and weight who grows out their hair and beard could look like Steve, with that said Im sure there are plenty of actors who could play the role without making it all about himself. Imo Steve deserves better, Ashton is the result of of a bunch of people barely digging for suitable actors to play the part, Im sorry -- Kelso just doesn't scream business savvy genius to me but then again I always knew this movie would be a joke... They could either make a great movie about the man himself like a tribute (which would mean a lesser known actor or a more serious known actor) or they could have exactly 1 thing on their mind which is "How can we make quick money using the name and death of Steve Jobs as a jumping point? Lets go with Ashton...", Steve was a complex man, he was kind of crazy and obviously had some dark moments, it has all the elements for a great movie, idc how much you love Ashton, he just isn't capable of convincingly replicating that. Might as well go with Timberlake, whats the difference..

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Good for Ashton! I'm glad he's taking the role seriously, he see's how much potential this movie has and wants to put everything into it! That's awesome! I hope it all turns out well and that Ashton gets seen differently afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by petrusk View Post
    Watch the movie The Guardian, he does a great job in it!
    Last edited by steve-z17; 04-04-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Make. Two and A Half Men. Jokes...

uncanny resemblance!

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

People were saying very similar things when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker, and look how that turned out. I don't think it will be quite on par with that performance, but let's give it a chance.

Thanks

..and that's about it..haha! Is Rhianna going to play Steve's mom haha! Hopefully they get the story right.

It's a movie and he is an actor so who really cares? If given the opportunity I'll watch it no matter who plays SJ. We're talking about a human being who made electronics not Jesus or Ghandi. If I had been a close friend of his I might be concerned with who portrayed him but I wasn't so I can spend time worrying about real life issues instead.

Jeez spare me.
    It was meant for him?
    What a load.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I have yet to see Ashton act in anything than his type cast roles.
    Steve Jobs is nothing like Ashton, don't know how it is "meant for him"...

First he ruins Two and a Half Men and now this....

Thanks
    Thanked 15,551 Times in 7,110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SnowLeo View Post
    First he ruins Two and a Half Men and now this....
    Well...I'd say Charlie Sheen ruined that not Ashton. I still like the show, but it was definitely funnier with Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    People were saying very similar things when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker, and look how that turned out. I don't think it will be quite on par with that performance, but let's give it a chance.
    Agreed.

I made this post earlier this week in a similar thread, but I'll say it again. At one time Jim Carey was a joke of an actor. No one took him seriously...then he started nailing more serious roles (Majestic, Truman Show, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Number 23) and suddenly people realized there was more to him than mindless, physical humor.

I think Kutcher can do the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast