+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ashton Kutcher to Play Steve Jobs in Biopic, and No This Isn't a Late April Fools Post

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by steve-z17 You obviously haven't seen all of Kutchers movies..... I think he looks a lot like Jobs and when he needs to play a serious role he
    My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    You obviously haven't seen all of Kutchers movies.....

I think he looks a lot like Jobs and when he needs to play a serious role he can do it. I think for the hippie stage of Jobs' life, Kutcher will do a great job! I think may made a good choice casting him.
    He has been in 3 movies...."Dude...Where's My Car", "Butterfly Effect", and some romantic comedy I stopped watching after 30 minutes. Is that what you mean by ALL his movies? Not much of a respectable resume there.

And who cares if he looks similar to Jobs when he (Jobs) was young. That's by far the least important aspect. I would much rather have a good/great actor who doesn't look quite as much like Steve then a model/prankster who can't really act.

At least this isn't the Sony movie though, hopefully Sony will get it right.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

This should be a joke, well it is but just not a funny one!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    You obviously haven't seen all of Kutchers movies.....

I think he looks a lot like Jobs and when he needs to play a serious role he can do it. I think for the hippie stage of Jobs' life, Kutcher will do a great job! I think may made a good choice casting him.
    totally agree. Ashton is a great candidate for the movie and by far when it comes to similarity, almost dead on,#2, this guy has been acting for decades and he gets my approval based on his experience and I simply believe that he can pull it off. But hey, he might suck too....(doubt it ).

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Why don't we see him play the role before passing judgment on him. He banged Demi Moore he must have done something right

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I would much rather have a good/great actor who doesn't look quite as much like Steve then a model/prankster who can't really act.
    Well Steve Jobs was a prankster also.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Well as far as acting goes they'll work on that. But it's pretty good that he pretty much looks similar. Give Ashton a break. What about butterfly effect?
    Also The Guardian.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redstar299 View Post
    Why don't we see him play the role before passing judgment on him. He banged Demi Moore he must have done something right
    I knooooooooooooooooooooooooow.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Dang, give the guy a break, Jeezus.
    Yea, most people see him as a comedic actor, but he's quite capable of playing serious roles. You all are trying to be movie critics. Wait for the movie to be released.

I for one am excited to see Kutcher play this role. Hopefully he'll live up to the expectations of all these professional volunteer critics

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=DayumQuitPlayin;6473542]Dang, give the guy a break, Jeezus.
    Yea, most people see him as a comedic actor, but he's quite capable of playing serious roles. You all are trying to be movie critics. Wait for the movie to be released.

I for one am excited to see Kutcher play this role. Hopefully he'll live up to the expectations of all these professional volunteer critics[/QUOTE

We r movie critiques now? So what does that make u? Your post is exactly like everyone else's here, except u have a crush on Ashton Kutcher. Ur really not in a place to judge.
    El Zurdo

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ashton did a very good job in his movie where he played as Coast Guard rescue. I can't recall the name at the moment

Banned
    Thanks

I hope this will not be proved as a rumor only! So just waiting for the next upcoming news, now nothing to say..

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigray View Post
    Maybe Denzel Washington would have been a better choice?
    I rather see Denzel as jobs first than Ashton no talent Kutcher. Why can't that guy disappear for good....why on earth is he still around.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12