Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Australia Green Lights iOS for Sensitive Government Business

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Australia Green Lights iOS for Sensitive Government Business

Australians may have a problem with Apple's allegedly false claims regarding the iPad's 4G potential down under, but the Australian government has no problems with iOS when it comes to dealing with sensitive government information.

According to the Sydney Daily Herald, acting director of the Defense Signals Directorate (DSD), Mike Burgess, said Friday that devices running iOS 5 have been authorized to handle secret information up to "Protected Level."

"Embracing new technologies, such as smartphones and tablet PCs, provides government with a genuine opportunity to conduct its business more efficiently," he said. "However, the threat of government information being stolen or compromised is also very real."

But as it turns out, iOS 5 is pretty secure. And for that reason, it passed with flying colors an evaluation using a "stringent and intensive security assessment" to prove itself to be up to the Australian Government's strict security requirements.

So the land down under is now full of spies, operatives, and other high-ranking government personnel using iPads and iPhones to communicate classified information.

No word yet on whether kangaroos use FaceTime to communicate with their little ones in the pouch. MMi will keep you posted.

Source: Sydney Daily Herald

Wow. An article on Australians and there had to be mention of a kangaroo. Talk about stereotyping! They're going to be fuming when they sober up and read this tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm fae fife View Post
    Wow. An article on Australians and there had to be mention of a kangaroo. Talk about stereotyping! They're going to be fuming when they sober up and read this tomorrow.
    Yes, because it makes perfect sense to criticize modmyi of sterotyping and then imply that every Australian drinks.

I'm Australian and frankly, **** you ModMyI. I really don't have much else to say because really, **** some of the writers here make them selves look stupid enough without anyone else pointing it out.

Calm down Hexane,

If non-Australians like to think that we all used to ride Kangaroos to school and thats good for tourism thats cool! We get to giggle at the fantasy of how they want to see us. I think its kinda cute, which is how i remember the female hospitality when i was in the US last letting my accent hyponotise

Strewth hexane. Chill.

There was me thinking ozzies had a sense of humour. After all it was you guys that gave the world Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan. Have another beer and stick a shrimp on the barby before your cork falls off your hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexane View Post
    Yes, because it makes perfect sense to criticize modmyi of sterotyping and then imply that every Australian drinks.

I'm Australian and frankly, **** you ModMyI. I really don't have much else to say because really, **** some of the writers here make them selves look stupid enough without anyone else pointing it out.
    I agree with both of you. I thought it was only Anthony but no, all writers on this site are pathetic.

I would also point out:
    "allegedly false claims" please pull your head out of Apple's arse. They are indeed false claims.
    iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1 Clean

Windows 7

Goodness, yet to meet an Aussie that got offended at anything! Even when we beat them at cricket!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm fae fife View Post
    Strewth hexane. Chill.

There was me thinking ozzies had a sense of humour. After all it was you guys that gave the world Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan. Have another beer and stick a shrimp on the barby before your cork falls off your hat.
    Alright then, Implying you're american you must have a pet bald eagle and Big Macs are your staple food.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickothasicko View Post
    Calm down Hexane,

If non-Australians like to think that we all used to ride Kangaroos to school and thats good for tourism thats cool! We get to giggle at the fantasy of how they want to see us. I think its kinda cute, which is how i remember the female hospitality when i was in the US last letting my accent hyponotise
    I honestly thought ModMyi had more sense then **** like that.

Michael Essany: There's no such thing as a Sydney Daily Herald either, try Sydney Morning Herald and then try work on that humor a bit.

iPhone? More like MyPhone norfskate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hexane View Post
    Alright then, Implying you're american you must have a pet bald eagle and Big Macs are your staple food.
    Yeah "I'm fae fife"! Clearly you are American (because everyone is, right?), it's not like your ******* username tells us where in the world you're from!!!

In what way did I imply that I'm American. Yes I'm fat but how could you tell from my statements. I'm from the Kingdom of Fife( google it).

You little ripper

Helen Daniels. R.I.P

wow talk about storm in a bbq.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 894 Posts

All this stereotyping has worn me out! I'm off for some tea and crumpets with the Queen.

oh dear, not a single comment on what the article was principlaly about. Blackberry has been the mainstay for all government employees that needed portable email access as it was seen as secure enough. Now that iOS has been given this status, it will be the death of blackberry and the clamour for iPad and iPhones within goverment will be immense.
    YES YES YES - I can't wait to ditch the blackberry!!