+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tim Cook's Approval Rating Better Than Steve Jobs?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
As Steve Jobs took leave from his office, he left with a bang as he held a 95% approval rating from his employees after his final year according to Glassdoor,
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 764 Posts

Default Tim Cook's Approval Rating Better Than Steve Jobs?

As Steve Jobs took leave from his office, he left with a bang as he held a 95% approval rating from his employees after his final year according to Glassdoor, an organization that polls employees anonymously to get their take on their company leader. We expected that Tim Cook wouldn’t do as well as Steve Jobs did as a CEO for Apple – in fact, many were quick to say he couldn’t meet Steve Jobs’ standards and Apple would collapse because of it.

Realistically, Apple is standing tall and proud. Tim Cook has been building credibility for Apple for recent months and Apple’s stock has skyrocketed and continues to increase to new heights despite some declining days. Apple has also had some very successful product launches under Tim Cook's reign, such as the new iPad and the iPhone 4S. He has been making all the right decisions thus far.

Tim Cook’s CEO approval rating has surpassed that of Steve Jobs – he is now up to 97% and is currently the world’s highest approved CEO for any company; not just technology companies, but imagine any company you can think of and Tim Cook has surpassed their CEO in approval.

Tim Cook is setting the bar high for competition, but the big question is, “Can he keep it that way?” As time follows, Tim Cook’s abilities to innovate on his own will be truly challenged, but we think he will do well as he learned from the best.

Sources: 9to5Mac
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-30-2012 at 10:54 AM.

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

I highly doubt Tim is rated higher than Steve.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I always thought Tim would be great at CEO, keep up the good work!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneman76 View Post
    I highly doubt Tim is rated higher than Steve.
    This is easy to state, but I could not agree more. Cook? Really?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Alluziion's Avatar
    Thanks

This needs to be put in perspective.

You have to remember that this list is being compiled dependant of votes from Apple employees, with this is mind you must consider the fact that Steve was a very demanding leader who would happily throw a tantrum if targets weren't met or if someone annoyed him - this would be an extremely stressful atmosphere for the Apple employees who have to somewhere in the downline suffer his wrath. Tim's attitude and behaviour on the other hand has not really been available as public knowledge but as his popularity grows then so will the critics enthusiasm and we will learn much more about him but it's highly likely that as leader, he is much less stressful to work under.

As for comparing Tim and Steve - it's unfair. Steve was an innovator who used his life experiences, determination and creative mind to reinvent amazing products and create new markets; however, although he was a great leader and CEO, he still wasn't 'the best'. Timothy however appears to be a very strong leader with great skills which likely surpass those of his predecessor but may never be able to innovate and continue pushing the boundaries of Apple as the late Steve Jobs once did and it's only fair to patiently witness the companies position in the coming years (although Steve supposedly left a great deal of innovation behind for the companies future).

tl;dr? They are two different people with different skill sets and it is currently far too early to make judgements and comparisons of the two Chief Executives.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

2% means nothing when they could be new employees or just say yes there are to many variable for 2% to mean much

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    This needs to be put in perspective.

You have to remember that this list is being compiled dependant of votes from Apple employees, with this is mind you must consider the fact that Steve was a very demanding leader who would happily throw a tantrum if targets weren't met or if someone annoyed him - this would be an extremely stressful atmosphere for the Apple employees who have to somewhere in the downline suffer his wrath. Tim's attitude and behaviour on the other hand has not really been available as public knowledge but as his popularity grows then so will the critics enthusiasm and we will learn much more about him but it's highly likely that as leader, he is much less stressful to work under.

As for comparing Tim and Steve - it's unfair. Steve was an innovator who used his life experiences, determination and creative mind to reinvent amazing products and create new markets; however, although he was a great leader and CEO, he still wasn't 'the best'. Timothy however appears to be a very strong leader with great skills which likely surpass those of his predecessor but may never be able to innovate and continue pushing the boundaries of Apple as the late Steve Jobs once did and it's only fair to patiently witness the companies position in the coming years (although Steve supposedly left a great deal of innovation behind for the companies future).

tl;dr? They are two different people with different skill sets and it is currently far too early to make judgements and comparisons of the two Chief Executives.
    soooooooo ur saying Tim is God and Steve was that other dude....(in my stewie off family guy voice).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrteacup View Post
    2% means nothing when they could be new employees or just say yes there are to many variable for 2% to mean much
    That's what I'm wondering. 2% may not even be a statistically significant difference. I'd also like to know the sample size.

(yes, I'm a math nerd)

Thanks

Regardless of how steve acted, look at the sacrifices that he made in order to get his company going. He is in a lot of us, we haven't forgotten him and we strive to keep his legacy alive.word was that he was strict but hey, that's a sacrifice you have to make, I don't think that in his line of work he was paranoid, he just really did not trust anyone

*T*
    Thanks

^^^ tooootallly agree.

Steve jobs influenced all these new product launches, even if he didn't preside over them. Remember how he was working on the iPhone 5 the day before he died?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Agent929's Avatar
    Thanks

That's not even an official poll lol
    War is my mission. Killing is my ambition.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Not surprising as Jobs sounded to be a bit of an asshat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kenn@rd. View Post
    soooooooo ur saying Tim is God and Steve was that other dude....(in my stewie off family guy voice).
    No, of course not. I am a big fan of Steve Jobs and the way that he shaped the industry but people shouldn't disregard the fact that Tim Cook is a very good CEO just because his predecessor was so greatly admired. Tim was trusted by Steve to take over the company because he was good at his job and has held the position of COO since 2007 and was responsible for the major manufacturing cuts that helped create the capital for Steve's innovation. Steve Jobs will always be the heart and soul of Apple even after his untimely death and his spirit and inspiration will continue to seep through the company and it's employees the many years to come.

With the comparison you used I would say that Steve is the God and Tim is Michael (although I despise religion).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alluziion View Post
    No, of course not. I am a big fan of Steve Jobs and the way that he shaped the industry but people shouldn't disregard the fact that Tim Cook is a very good CEO just because his predecessor was so greatly admired. Tim was trusted by Steve to take over the company because he was good at his job and has held the position of COO since 2007 and was responsible for the major manufacturing cuts that helped create the capital for Steve's innovation. Steve Jobs will always be the heart and soul of Apple even after his untimely death and his spirit and inspiration will continue to seep through the company and it's employees the many years to come.

With the comparison you used I would say that Steve is the God and Tim is Michael (although I despise religion).
    d-_-b..... LOL!

Thanks

Tim cook is the man who called the new ipad "the new ipad". he may be less stressful to work under, but he's much harder to admire as a entrepreneur than steve jobs was.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    Tim cook is the man who called the new ipad "the new ipad". he may be less stressful to work under, but he's much harder to admire as a entrepreneur than steve jobs was.
    This may answer your conundrum...
    What’s in a name: Why the new iPad isn’t called iPad 3 — Apple News, Tips and Reviews

Also, it works wonders for SEO.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    I think it's a smart move. Notice that the phone and the ipad were the only Apple products that had numbers/model names attached to them. We don't have a Macbook Pro 8, iPod 3S, iMac X, etc. We simply have the latest version of each. Keeping the name clean and simple for the iPad is a smart move, and I anticipate they'll do the same with the iPhone.