+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Executive Shakeup Confirmed as RIM's Latest Revenues Disappoint... Again

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
The writing has been on the wall for quite some time now. But today, as BlackBerry maker Research In Motion once again reported quarterly earnings and revenue that missed analysts'
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Executive Shakeup Confirmed as RIM's Latest Revenues Disappoint... Again

The writing has been on the wall for quite some time now. But today, as BlackBerry maker Research In Motion once again reported quarterly earnings and revenue that missed analysts' expectations, things looked especially dire. RIM had previously offered guidance of $4.6 to $4.9 billion in revenue for Q4, but revenue actually came in lower at $4.2 billion.

After trading of RIM was halted for the announcement, the stock fell a precipitous 9% upon the commencement of after-hours trading. Although some of the losses were regained, other losses for RIM will be permanent - namely
    the loss of some key senior executives.

Most notable within the shakeup is former co-CEO Jim Balsillie, who is leaving his post as director. Meanwhile, Chief Executive Thorsten Heins, who replaced co-CEOs Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis earlier this year, said other options remain on the table for RIM, including a potential sale of the company.

"I did my own reality check on where the entire company really is. Having had the benefit of going through this process from the vantage point of CEO, it is now very clear to me that substantial change is what RIM needs," Heins said during today's conference call.

Unable to compete with others - chiefly Apple - in the smartphone and tablet space, things aren't looking up for the one-time king of the mobile world.

"Ultimately, RIM is taking half measures, baby-stepping their way to a reorganization and they're not moving fast enough," Ed Snyder, an analyst with Charter Equity Research, tells Reuters. "They need a wholesale change in the culture and the management of the company."

Source: Reuters

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

When did RIM's troubles or company restructuring become Apple's concern......or Apple-related news?

The mods pride themselves on keeping things on topic....and that's just fine, but how is it that an entire article is being brought forward on an "Apple fan site" on the doings of another company that as far as I can see have no effect on Apple?

Did I miss something here?

If I'm wrong please let me know. But please don't hit me with the predictable half-minded ..."if you don't like the article then don't read it"... response because I have to first read the article before I decide if I like it or not..obviously.
    Last edited by RICO_; 03-29-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    When did RIM's troubles or company restructuring become Apple's concern......or Apple-related news?

The mods pride themselves on keeping things on topic....and that's just fine, but how is it that an entire article is being brought forward on an "Apple fan site" on the doings of another company that as far as I can see have no effect on Apple?

Maybe cause apples iPhone is one of the main reasons the blackberry is dying

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    Maybe u apples iPhone is one of the main reasons the blackberry is dying
    We knew this a long time ago.

iPhone? More like MyPhone evolution83's Avatar
    Thanks

If I'm wrong please let me know. But please don't hit me with the predictable half-minded ..."if you don't like the article then don't read it"... response because I have to first read the article before I decide if I like it or not..obviously.
    This isn't the first article posted that deals with news other than Apple. As already mentioned, the article discusses how RIM is losing sales to Apple because they're top dog ATM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolution83 View Post
    This isn't the first article posted that deals with news other than Apple. As already mentioned, the article discusses how RIM is losing sales to Apple because they're top dog ATM.
    Yes that was "mentioned", but the main focus of the article is about the corporate restructuring of the company.

If those moves also discuss the plans that these executives intend to put forward to attempt to compete with Apple then I can see the relevance, but just saying that they are restructuring doesn't tell me anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 1,007 Posts

I was actually interested in reading this!!! LOL! IMHO, It's better than the rumor-mill that's about to ensue as the iPhone 5 gets closer to production...
    Last edited by thazsar; 03-29-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Thanks

Wow, that's crazy, but we knew this already, maybe RIM can make some keyboard adapters since that they were mostly known for and sell them to apple(RIM) was known for having the actual keyboard qwerty on a cellphone other than Nokia. Hence the name blackberry. Such a good phone back in the day but there is no way they can keep up with apple, if u can't beat em, join em I say. Make some flip out keyboards for some of us who still like the feel of "buttons" eh?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

blacberry has fallen in market share as well. its disappointing for a company. Something new may recover blackberry.