Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: CNBC: 50% of U.S. Homes Are 'Apple Families'

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default CNBC: 50% of U.S. Homes Are 'Apple Families'

It's incredible but apparently true, at least that's according to the latest research from cable news giant CNBC.
    The venerable financial news institution says that half of all U.S. households presently own "at least one Apple product."

CNBC’s All-America Economic survey contends that some 55 million homes are "Apple families," meaning that someone at the residence owns an iPhone, iPad, iPod or Mac. Perhaps just as significant, however, is the study's suggestion that even more households want to be Apple product owners.

1 in 10 homes without Apple products at this time, CNBC finds, aspire to change that standing within the next year. And usually once the buying begins, it doesn't stop. You see, homes that own Apple products tend to, on average, own at least three Apple products.

Our survey shows Apple buyers tend to be male, college-educated, and younger. They’re just as likely to own a home as not. Not surprisingly, the more money you earn, the more Apple products you’re likely to own.
    “It's a fantastic business model — the more of our products you own, the more likely you are to buy more,” says Jay Campbell, a vice president of Hart Research Associates, which helped CNBC conduct the survey. “Planned obsolescence has always been a part of the technology industries sales model, but Apple has taken it to a whole new level.”

Source: CNBC

Banned
    Thanks

Where is the graph of people that own apple products but hate apple for locking it so tight and the lack of features?
    Doesn't really need a graph as its 100% so its like this;

|

After Vista, my household became Apple only. Just say no to substandard operating systems!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

3 MacBook laptops(1 regular and 2 pros)
    1 desktop Mac
    3 iPhones all (1 4 and 2 4s)
    2 new iPads
    1 apple Ethernet adapter
    3 iPods
    I iTouch
    So 14 apple products in my house
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 03-28-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks

Default vista and ME
    Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    After Vista, my household became Apple only. Just say no to substandard operating systems!
    LOL. Vista and Windows ME probably account for 2/3rds of today's all apple fanboys. The rest of us jumped to Win7 or XP.

Also, are we supposed to be surprised that at least half of everyone in the US owns at least a $40 ipod? Honestly, i'm surprised it's not a higher number. I'd bet about half of that 49% just forgot their shuffle counted for the poll.

2x iphone 4s
    1x iPad2
    1x Apple Tv
    1x MB Air
    1x MB Pro
    1x Airport
    1x iPod Classic
    1x iPod mini

MacBook
    iPad 2
    2 iPhone 4s
    Apple tv
    Time Capsule
    And an HP desktop that will soon become an iMac

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Where is the graph of people that own apple products but hate apple for locking it so tight and the lack of features?

|

Why would anybody buy a phone they hate? Seems a bit stupid.

eg.
    I wouldn't buy a car thats restricted to 30mph and whinge about how slow it is.
    I'd sell it and buy a car that does 100mph.

If you don't like your Apple products, sell them and buy something that suits your needs. Surely thats common sense?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They like the phone, hate Apple's control over HIS hardware.
    If you are on this board most likely you do not like Apple's control either.

I personally don't like Apple's product, but phone and tablet come from company I work for.
    Only use it because it is free and the monthly bill goes to company.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but really, if you dont like apple why would you buy their product? To go one step further if you dont like apple products why are you on a forum thats exclusively geared for apple news and products? Do you really have nothing better to do in your day then get info on products you DONT like then bash them? Seriously if you dont like the product buy something different, no one ever said you have to own an apple product

Quote Originally Posted by polarismanak View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but really, if you dont like apple why would you buy their product? To go one step further if you dont like apple products why are you on a forum thats exclusively geared for apple news and products? Do you really have nothing better to do in your day then get info on products you DONT like then bash them? Seriously if you dont like the product buy something different, no one ever said you have to own an apple product
    +1

There's no excuse. There's no such thing as like the phone but hate the restrictions

Thanks

I currently own the Following
    1: iPhone4(S)
    2: iMac 21.5 (2011)
    3. Apple Time Capsule 2TB
    4. Apple TV (3rd Gen)
    5. iPad2
    6. iPad3

i really wonder if its not just 80% of that 50% that only has had an iPod

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    +1

There's no excuse. There's no such thing as like the phone but hate the restrictions
    Can't agree with you there, even a little. i think its sensational to freak out about it, but i agree with the poster above.

I was a proud droid owner, constantly showing my bud all the stuff my phone could do, that his 3gs couldnt do. then the 4s came out, and smoked all the other phones benchmarks... So i got the 4s, jb'd it, and now i like it.

you seem to be arguing semantics, but at the end of the day, i like my phone much more after JB.... had i not jb'd, i could easily say: i "like the phone but hate the restrictions"
    Last edited by adammsu1983; 03-28-2012 at 12:58 PM.

I dont get it, if 50% are apple families, then does it also make them a Sony family if they have a PS3? Does it also make them a Samsung family if they have a Samsung TV? Seems kinda over optimistic to call a family an Apple family just with one or two Apple products.

1 iPhone 3G
    1 iPhone 4
    1 iMac
    1 iPad (1st gen)
    1 iPad 3 (new iPad)
    1 nano

Total of 6 apple product and still growing :-)

Thanks

I would look like an apple fan boy if I were to post everything Apple I own/owned.

I went to my uncles and aunts in California for the weekend. I brought my Mac book pro my gf brought her Mac book pro we both have iPhones we have an iPad and we brought our Mac mini to be fixed. At the apartment they already had a MacBook pro an iMac and an iPad and two iPhones. My other aunt came over with an iPad and iPhone. A new iPad was going to arrive the next morning... We had 3 iPads a fourth coming 5 iPhones an iMac three MacBook pros and a Mac mini all in one apartment for the weekend... NO WONDER APPLE IS SUCH A WORLD POWER!! (yes I am Asian hehe)

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post

|

Hahahahaha... you just never give up do ya! LOL! I think your my favorite Apple troll on this forum.

We have Apple stuff all over the house. Lets see, if I count all my Apple stuff we have...

1 MacBook Pro
    3 iMac's
    1 Mac Tower
    1 Mac Mini
    3 iPhones
    2 iPads
    2 Apple TV-2's
    2 iPod Nano's
    and as soon as the Ivy Bridge drops another iMac.

I've been using Apple computers since 1982. I have never owned a Windows based computer and I never will.
    You'll have to pry the Mac outta my cold dead hands! LOL!
    Last edited by luvmytj; 03-28-2012 at 04:30 PM.

I own the following:

(6) iPhone 4S

(10) MacBook Pros

(5) new iPads

(12) iMacs

(7) iPod Touches

(3) cinema displays

(3) iPod classics

(6) iPod nanos

(4) iPhone 4's

(2) Mac Pros

(4) Mac Minis