+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 83-Year Old Woman Walks Into Glass Door, Sues Apple

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
When I worked at CompUSA years ago, a man did the same thing. The entrance was more of a T shape where the external door was split into an interior
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

When I worked at CompUSA years ago, a man did the same thing. The entrance was more of a T shape where the external door was split into an interior entrance on the right and exit on the right. After paying he walked right into the glass that had signage on it and what not. He tried to sue the store but the store had video of him using the doors twice the same day properly. The only difference is that there was someone standing where he hit the glass the two prior times. Its just a frivolous lawsuit and IMO, she did it on purpose just to sue.

Thanks

in NYC you can sue anybody for ANYTHING!!! coffee cups spills on your lap? sue the cofee maker...you fall off your bike because your too stupid to look at that girl instead of forward? SUE THE GIRL!!!, you ran down the stairs for the train that just left and slipped? SUE MTA! your iphone battery heats up and BURNS your leg? , SUE APPLE...you hate your life? SUE GOD!!!....hell SUE EVERYBODY!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    *** this old hag.. She a gold digger and blind as a bat.
    Last edited by z3r01; 03-26-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: language

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tenspeed123 View Post
    Pushed door with great momentum, didn't open, **** happened. How does that give a country a bad rap? Plus how do you know I don't suffer from dyspraxia or serious visual impairment? You don't you're just assumed I'm an idiot, THAT's what gives countries a bad name, when douches like you come along and slate people without knowing the full story. Typical yank keyboard warrior...
    People with conditions are supposed to make conscious adjustments so that they can live their lives without harm. A person with diabetes shouldn't be sewing Little Debbie for putting sugar in their treats. They are the moron for not being careful about what they eat. Same thing here.

As far as this old bag is concerned, she obviously saw the store or she wouldn't have tried to "enter" it. But she claims she didn't see the glass... The whole store is glass. Did she just think that there was a giant Apple logo magically floating in the sky with a bunch of products set up neatly on the sidewalk beneath it? Give me a break. Maybe she'll have a heart attack and poop her pants in the courtroom.

Thanks

^^^funny
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Seriously? Her name is Paswall!? I'm pissing myself!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Omg

Thanks

i hope she wins, maybe it will make them realize how stupid they look over their lawsuits.
    And yes, i do think this is stupid. but seriously, haha.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charliebee View Post
    Seriously? Her name is Paswall!? I'm pissing myself!
    ^^ROFL...

This is very stupid...The old lady thinks she can get away with it. This has happened to me before, I was glad nobody noticed when that happened
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

I was 14 and at school, teenagers run around, it's a fact, the door shouldn't be broken should it, i'm quite happy to sit here and get paid for breaking my nose at the fault of my educational establishment, it got me through my first year of university. And also it was pretty funny, I got my fair share of abuse from my mates for it don't you worry :P
    Too bad college doesn't fix stupid, or things might have worked out for you.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

So lame, just another person wanting easy money! Tons of places have glass doors and a lot of people walk into them, but they don't sue the store because they made a simple mistake of not watching where they were going.

Banned
    Thanks

You're right I was only commenting on a past experience of mine to add to the conversation and then got abused for it... I was not the one who sued, my parents did because they thought it was necessary!
    To the other guy having a go at me, I don't think the insurer of a school would have accepted liability within 2 days of receiving the claim, they admitted instantly that they were in the wrong and the whole thing was settled within a few months... I know it was fairly dumb to run into a door but when you expect it to open when you push it and it doesn't, well, bad things happen... I'd have laughed at myself had my nose not been spread across my face! I think just because of I did this it's not right of you to say I'm what's wrong with the world!
    So would your parents have sued had the door been merely locked?

Regardless, it was your own stupidity that caused your injury, not a malfunctioning door opener. Any normal person would have stopped immediately when the door they tried to open didn't. And the fact that you are proud that your parents successfully sued the school just makes you look like an even bigger douche bag.

dsg
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,934 Times in 756 Posts

he didn't see it either

Last edited by dsg; 03-26-2012 at 05:51 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I guess she has to pay for her upcoming funeral somehow right.... Lol

Next you know she'll be suing jewellers because she put her hand through the glass attempting to try on some ring she saw!!! Lol I wonder how many times she's stabbed herself with a fork & then complained to the cutlery company because the instrument was of a sharp nature....

Where does it end!!

dsg
    Thanks

have some respect,

imaging that it's your grandparent thats walked into the glass and suing would you all be as disrespectful

Edit: it's not as if it will make a end in Appl£'s funds their insurance will probably cover it
    Last edited by dsg; 03-26-2012 at 06:04 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

My grandparents wouldn't be attempting to sue a company for their own mistake for starters... They'd have put it down to a mistake upon their behalf rather than attempt to make a frivolous lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by dsg View Post
    he didn't see it either

As for this one... I wonder if they'll sue Apple or if their defence will be that this was an accident?

How the tables can turn
    Last edited by Susty; 03-26-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beastly L92 View Post
    Too bad college doesn't fix stupid, or things might have worked out for you.
    Too bad *school* doesn't yeah, that's why I'm studying for a masters in law... Good one

Also i'm not proud they claimed, not sued I was wrong, claimed, because for the last time I pushed the door when I was running and it did not open fully, meaning I hit it with my face at full blast, never once said it wasn't my fault but they did admit liability instantly, so take it up with the insurance company, not me, douchebags

dsg
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Susty View Post
    My grandparents wouldn't be attempting to sue a company for their own mistake for starters... They'd have put it down to a mistake upon their behalf rather than attempt to make a frivolous lawsuit

As for this one... I wonder if they'll sue Apple or if their defence will be that this was an accident?

How the tables can turn
    that was a joke , and I wasn't targeting you
    Last edited by dsg; 03-26-2012 at 06:38 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Too bad *school* doesn't yeah, that's why I'm studying for a masters in law... Good one
    As if a degree has any correlation to common sense? The mall is full of idiots with degrees.

"Ohhh! A MANAGEMENT degree!! Cool. You can start by folding those shirts over there...."

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Also i'm not proud they claimed, not sued I was wrong, claimed, because for the last time I pushed the door when I was running and it did not open fully, meaning I hit it with my face at full blast, never once said it wasn't my fault but they did admit liability instantly, so take it up with the insurance company, not me, douchebags
    You'll probably need to learn what a period is before they'll give you a Masters in law.