+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Adobe Photoshop CS6 Free Public Beta Launched

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Adobe Photoshop CS6 Free Public Beta Launched

Awaiting the newest release of Adobe Photoshop, CS6, Adobe has finally released a free public beta for the new software from their Web site, which can be downloaded from this link. The download for Mac OS X comes in at a little under 1GB and the download for Windows is about 1.7GB, so downloading it will take some patience and time will vary depending on your download speeds. Expect massive user demand to be jamming the servers on Adobe's side as well.

The free public beta release for Adobe Photoshop CS6 gives users a free seven-day trial, after which users will have to pay to gain access to the full software through their Adobe ID. Adobe Photoshop CS6 comes packed with Adobe's Mercury Graphics Engine, which can use the graphics processing unit instead of the computer's central processing unit to speed up processor-intensive functions to help with overall performance.

Obvious right out of the box is the new appearance of the Adobe Photoshop application, having that darker look instead of the general light gray color we have become used to from Adobe in previous Adobe Photoshop generations. New application features include:

Quote Originally Posted by Adobe
    • Content-Aware Patch Patch images with greater control using the newest member of the Content-Aware family of technologies. Choose the sample area you want to use to create your patch, and then watch Content-Aware Patch magically blend pixels for a stunning result.
    • Blazingly fast performance and a modern UI Experience unprecedented performance with the Mercury Graphics Engine, which gives you near-instant results when you edit with key tools such as Liquify, Puppet Warp, and Crop.* Plus, a refined, fresh, and elegant Photoshop interface features dark background options that make your images pop.
    • New and re-engineered design tools Create superior designs fast. Get consistent formatting with type styles, create and apply custom strokes and dashed lines to shapes, quickly search layers, and much more.
    Be sure to give the new Adobe Photoshop CS6 beta a try if you like Photoshop. If you opt for trying the software, Adobe will be expecting you to let them know of any problems with the software so it can be hammered out for the final release.

Sources: MacStories

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

I like the new look. But I don't do much heavy stuff so mainly use Pixelmator.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

All the CS6 videos taht I've seen so far look great. It'll be nice to give it a whirl!

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

I got this...

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/photoshopcs6/photoshopcs6_p1_mac_032112.dmg" on this server.
    Reference #18.d8260e6b.1332423228.19dd5841

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sniper488's Avatar
    Thanks

You've got to sign in to use it, but it doesn't give anywhere to sign in???

Livin the iPhone Life littlelisa63's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,503 Times in 895 Posts

its gonna take over 3 hours to download...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper488 View Post
    You've got to sign in to use it, but it doesn't give anywhere to sign in???
    you can sign in or log in under the gray banner

Theme Creator
    Thanks

The new UI looks like the same thing as Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. I don't see how going back to something 4 years old is a "modern UI"

Banned
    Thanks

That's really a good news for me! I just love to work with Adobe. Thanks for your information..

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've had the beta for 3 months already for mac, I like everything but since its a beta, its still buggy.. hopefully this new beta release patches these bugs! Same system performance as CS5, but like i said hopefully they fixed that.