+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is This The Beginning of The End for The MacBook Pro?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Ivel I just sold my MBP 13inch 3 days ago because I read the rumor that a new one is coming out in April. Really hope it
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ivel View Post
    I just sold my MBP 13inch 3 days ago because I read the rumor that a new one is coming out in April. Really hope it is true lol. The MBA is nice but it's performance doesn't match up to the MBPs. If they upgraded the base MBA to have closer specs to the base MBP then I would buy the MBA
    O.o... My sister just bought a 13" MBP 3 days ago .... Do you think....? Nawh. Can't be.

Also, taking out the optical drive in an MBP is stupid. DVD's last much longer than USB's and their generally more reliable. For anyone with a multiboot setup, their needed.

Also, in professional fields, which is what the MBP is designed for, a lot of their backups and data is saved and shared via optical disk. Why? Simple. Go take a drill and make a whole in the data on an optical disk. Your computer will fill in the blanks and the its still useable, now try that with a thumb drive. Optical disks are tough to break and will outlast your grandchildrens grandchildren, even if you use them every day.
    Last edited by NictraSavios; 03-14-2012 at 04:44 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is my dream scenario... MBA 11- 15 inch with latest Nvidia graphics with 2GB or ram dedicated to the GPU alone. 8GB of Memory THAT ALSO is upgradable to 16GB. I7 Extreme, or one of the Xenon's with Ivy Bridge, Optical drive not necessary but welcomed. "retina display" With 256gbSSD. Call me crazy, since I know I am for ever even thinking such a Mac could ever exist in the next year or so...But thats exactly what I want.. If they can make that happen..A very very sooped up MBA, IM buying it! I love, let me rephrase, LOVE my MBA 11.6 late 2010 model with its Nvidia 320M GPU and 128GB SSD.. It wont run what the sooped up MBP's run but it is damn skippy for what it is, and can run most games on high or at least medium in bootcamp. My point being that if they can create the MBA with High end MBP specs, then Im all in. Apple must maintain a high end "pro user" Mac which ever way they go though.
    Last edited by awareunlikeu; 03-14-2012 at 06:30 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    The MBP 13 is pretty heavy, it's not convenient for me to take around for school and going out to the coffee shop. I just bought a new MBA 13 yesterday just because of that, and my back feels so much better. I don't think I'll go back to the MBP, overall I like the Air's performance better too. It probably won't be devastating to me if the pro is discontinued, but I don't know how the rest of the world sees it. I don't really need the optic drive, but if I did I would like someone else said, buy an external.

I would say that white macbook should be discontinued though lol, I really can't stand that thing. A piece of the plastic broke off on me right before I tried to sell it.
    Eat some Wheaties , or do some push ups!! It isn't that heavy!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why in the world would they make a stupid move like that? wait..wait..wait. Why in the world am I waisting my time replying to this

Thanks

No Ethernet port is dumb.

Green Apple
    Thanks

MBA can run high? I seriously doubt it. Now a discrete video card can run ultra, and those aren't exactly small. I'm supprised they fit one in the MBP. Yes, of course a MBA with MBP specs would be awesome, but completely out of everyone's price range, if it's even possible within this year or even next year. I'm not a big mobile gamer on my labtop nor do I use an optical drive very much at all, but it is reliable, and good graphics like those from an discrete video card make a lot of difference on overall performance. Of course, the MBA makes up a little for only having integrated graphics (which are not good, which is not saying that they cant be better in the future) by having an SSD, but as already said, those aren't exactly cheap either. So basically what I'm saying is they really can't phase out the MBP until they have the technology to make MBP as thin as MBA, which probably won't be conceivable for another year or two at the earliest. And to the guy who said MBPs are heavy: grow some muscles dude, they are like 5 lbs, which is nothing.
    Last edited by carlito95; 03-14-2012 at 09:53 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

The Pros get better battery life....

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I just smell a Air refresh thats all. Why would they discontinue the best selling laptop?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlito95 View Post
    MBA can run high? I seriously doubt it. Now a discrete video card can run ultra, and those aren't exactly small. I'm supprised they fit one in the MBP. Yes, of course a MBA with MBP specs would be awesome, but completely out of everyone's price range, if it's even possible within this year or even next year. I'm not a big mobile gamer on my labtop nor do I use an optical drive very much at all, but it is reliable, and good graphics like those from an discrete video card make a lot of difference on overall performance. Of course, the MBA makes up a little for only having integrated graphics (which are not good, which is not saying that they cant be better in the future) by having an SSD, but as already said, those aren't exactly cheap either. So basically what I'm saying is they really can't phase out the MBP until they have the technology to make MBP as thin as MBA, which probably won't be conceivable for another year or two at the earliest. And to the guy who said MBPs are heavy: grow some muscles dude, they are like 5 lbs, which is nothing.
    Agreed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srchino View Post
    Why in the world would they make a stupid move like that? wait..wait..wait. Why in the world am I waisting my time replying to this
    That's exactly what I was thinking!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

MBP is just so expensive, and consumers see the MBA price and they don't know the difference between the 2 so they go with the cheaper one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    MBP is just so expensive, and consumers see the MBA price and they don't know the difference between the 2 so they go with the cheaper one.
    I completely agree, and that's what pisses me off the most, that people (particularly the stereotypical apple buyer) don't even bother knowing what their really buying.

Thanks

lol, people will always use CDs?

Just like VHS, floppy 5", records, cassette tapes, laser discs, and floppy 3.5" ....right?..
    make it a great day!

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12