+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Stock Continues to Increase Despite Analyst Predictions

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default Apple Stock Continues to Increase Despite Analyst Predictions

Apple’s stock continues its upward trend with the current price increasing by 5.83% since last week’s unveiling of the new iPad. The current price shocks many stock advisors who thought that the release would provide a good opportunity to sell. The Cupertino California company closed at $568.10 per share, which is currently a new all-time high, just 8 cents below the 52 week high set during the trading day.

The new value set the company’s market cap at $528.68 billion, which is less than a half billion less than the annual American military budget, but over $120 billion higher than Exxon Mobil, which had been neck and neck with Apple in market cap over the past two quarters. The company’s market cap (which is the value of all outstanding shares in the company) is now greater than the market cap of Google, HP, Microsoft, and RIM combined.

While the company’s stock has already gone up by 46.11% for the year, it seems to be up nearly another 6% since the since the iPad event last Wednesday. This was previously a time pinpointed by a variety of advisors as a good opportunity to sell. Many pundits’ described stock prices to drop around new product introductions. The company’s stock nearly fell 10% after the release of the iPad 2 last spring but since then, it has climbed nearly 54% over the past year and hasn’t seen that drop with the release of the new iPad.

Source: Daily Finance. Google Finance

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

Thanks

Ahh so it's the analysts that are ******* with my stock prices by scaring people to sell them off.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    Ahh so it's the analysts that are ******* with my stock prices by scaring people to sell them off.
    Analysts and economists are fortune tellers. They say **** with about 10% fact hoping someone will believe them and their guessing game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 884 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firetwuck View Post
    Analysts and economists are fortune tellers. They say **** with about 10% fact hoping someone will believe them and their guessing game.
    Agree. If they were any good at their job they would have made millions and be sat on a beach in the med by now!

Livin the iPhone Life Carvensno's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,592 Times in 660 Posts

Wish i had the money to invest when it was like in the 300 range last year and let the div role over to buy new stock :P

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm investing my life savings!

Yeah!
    Last edited by idkanymore; 03-14-2012 at 09:10 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone VerizonIphone4_help's Avatar
    Thanks

well today it just shot up another almost $21 sooo ya

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

What retard would guess that APPL would go DOWN???!!! They just released the new iPad for pre-orders, what do you think is gonna happen?

iPhone? More like MyPhone VerizonIphone4_help's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GooseG View Post
    What retard would guess that APPL would go DOWN???!!! They just released the new iPad for pre-orders, what do you think is gonna happen?
    well historically right before and on launch day the stock drops quite a bit. this year was the same with prices dropping $25 about. Then they shot up again like they have done the last 4 launchs. I only dropped 10k into and i'm kicking myself for not pulling more into it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GooseG View Post
    But obviously the pre-orders sold out so that's a bad sign, and then people are already starting to camp out so you know only homeless people are interested in it. Just doesn't look good for Apple here on out... That or these as$holes bought up as much stock as they could when it dropped because of their predictions.