+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Siri at The Heart of New Class Action Lawsuit

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
False advertising is a more valid claim, in my opinion, than another tablet manufacturer making tablets that are thin, have a black bezel, and rectangular in shape. At the end
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    False advertising is a more valid claim, in my opinion, than another tablet manufacturer making tablets that are thin, have a black bezel, and rectangular in shape. At the end of the day this is all subjective, but being a consumer myself, and enjoying what little rights we have as consumers, I tend to side with consumers when I feel that something may carry weight. I don't personally have an iPhone anymore and honestly don't care about Siri at all, but I can understand where people may feel misled about what she can do. Apple is also using the Beta tag to avoid things like this. Once something is released to the public and being sold to customers, its hardly fair to say its still in Beta, especially when its a MAJOR selling point. I make video games for a living and I would love to see a game company do that and expect people not to complain. I think that Apple makes quality hardware, but as a software engineer I can hardly say the same for their software. Apple fans are one of a kind and Apple should thank their lucky stars. Just saying.
    Last edited by BIMPtacular; 03-13-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BIMPtacular View Post
    False advertising is a more valid claim, in my opinion, than another tablet manufacturer making tablets that are thin, have a black bezel, and rectangular in shape. At the end of the day this is all subjective, but being a consumer myself, and enjoying what little rights we have as consumers, I tend to side with consumers when I feel that something may carry weight. I don't personally have an iPhone anymore and honestly don't care about Siri at all, but I can understand where people may feel misled about what she can do. Apple is also using the Beta tag to avoid things like this. Once something is released to the public and being sold to customers, its hardly fair to say its still in Beta, especially when its a MAJOR selling point. I make video games for a living and I would love to see a game company do that and expect people not to complain. I think that Apple makes quality hardware, but as a software engineer I can hardly say the same for their software. Apple fans are one of a kind and Apple should thank their lucky stars. Just saying.
    I hear a lot of what you're saying. I am reminded of Microsoft products that are (were?) sold under the pretense of working (MS operating systems). Though much improved, do you all remember the "blue screen of death" &/or the relative frequency of locking up? How about actually purchasing, actually paying additional money, for code fixes to a faulty product (Word, Excel).

I guess a fair question is what is reasonable as "advertising" a BETA product and promoting as a "motivational" product for purchase. Historically, whenever I came across a BETA product it was free and quite often if used/tested/feedback submitted, I could have the production version for free. I am very specifically referring to video games. A bit trickier when Siri comes with the iPhone (for free???), but it's a fair question.
    Last edited by GeoffS4; 03-13-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I agree with most of what you're saying, but while Siri comes "free" with the phone it is basically the ENTIRE selling point for the phone. If it were TRUE beta software why can't you use it with iPhone 4/iPads? Because they used it to sell the 4S because it was too similar to the 4. Tricky tricky.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    WHY is it still in beta after the release date was like 5 months plus they had to test it before they released it right?

So is it going to be beta forever?
    They had 5 months to test it yes, but how many testers did they have?

Tests are always better and more helpful the more testers you have. Put Siri on the 4S, sell a few million units in the 1st week and Apple gets a whole mountain of test results in a short time. Way more results than they would get from a handful of Apple employees using it.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Wasn't it like 4 months and u could only get in on it if your friends invited u and they were a member then after that it was open to everyone? Or was it longer?
    Thing is to also free. Siri is not. Not of you consider you need to buy a 4s to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomdotcom View Post
    They had 5 months to test it yes, but how many testers did they have?

Tests are always better and more helpful the more testers you have. Put Siri on the 4S, sell a few million units in the 1st week and Apple gets a whole mountain of test results in a short time. Way more results than they would get from a handful of Apple employees using it.
    Put Siri on all Idevices running iOS 5.x and get even mre. Siri is a clear selling point for people who need that extra push to go from a 4 to a 4s. It's really that simple. If its a selling point make sure people know its beta when you advertise.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 03-13-2012 at 01:41 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hope he wins, screw apple, they sue everyone and their momma over the dumbest crap ever because they are cry babies

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeveIV View Post
    I hope he wins, screw apple, they sue everyone and their momma over the dumbest crap ever because they are cry babies
    SeveIV, I'm coming over to your house and taking your...car, tv and computer. You don't mind me taking your property from you do you? Make sure you don't raise a stink over it and . . . "cry".

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffS4 View Post
    SeveIV, I'm coming over to your house and taking your...car, tv and computer. You don't mind me taking your property from you do you? Make sure you don't raise a stink over it and . . . "cry".
    Yea then you should have nonconsensual sex with his dog!!!

the fanboyism on this site is just astounding.

how is breaking and entering/ burglarizing someones home similar to suing a company that has more cash than the US government. please do explain.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123