Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Updates Apple TV With 1080p Capabilities, Still $99, Available Next Week

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    So the new menu…am i gonna get a firmware update or do I need to buy an all new device for that? I don't see why 1080p cant be an firmware update (I could be wrong).
    New menu is out in a firmware update released today for 2G. The 1080p is more of a hardware issue than a firmware issue.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmart1 View Post
    Available next week? It says buy now at apple.com.....
    I'm kinda wondering the same thing.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

This interface screams add apps/icons. We'll definitely be seeing additional/third party apps this year!

So glad they didn't intro an actual TV. I think that would be a disaster. As popular as Apple TV is, it is still a "hobby" relative to Apple's other products: low volume, probably low profit. They will need killer deals with content providers to make the Apple TV, and a real TV, a true Apple success.

I just don't want them to make a TV because I know they would immediately gimp or get rid of this sweet little box.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    So the new menu…am i gonna get a firmware update or do I need to buy an all new device for that? I don't see why 1080p cant be an firmware update (I could be wrong).
    The firmware is already available for current owners to update. But I wouldn't recommend it if you have, or even think you want to jailbreak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12