+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Updates Apple TV With 1080p Capabilities, Still $99, Available Next Week

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Silverado1987 So the new menu…am i gonna get a firmware update or do I need to buy an all new device for that? I don't see why
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    So the new menu…am i gonna get a firmware update or do I need to buy an all new device for that? I don't see why 1080p cant be an firmware update (I could be wrong).
    New menu is out in a firmware update released today for 2G. The 1080p is more of a hardware issue than a firmware issue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spooneditr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thesmart1 View Post
    Available next week? It says buy now at apple.com.....
    I'm kinda wondering the same thing.

Your mom has "spirit" but I used my "pwnage tool" on her all night long and "ultrasn0wed" all over her. haha

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This interface screams add apps/icons. We'll definitely be seeing additional/third party apps this year!

So glad they didn't intro an actual TV. I think that would be a disaster. As popular as Apple TV is, it is still a "hobby" relative to Apple's other products: low volume, probably low profit. They will need killer deals with content providers to make the Apple TV, and a real TV, a true Apple success.

I just don't want them to make a TV because I know they would immediately gimp or get rid of this sweet little box.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    So the new menu…am i gonna get a firmware update or do I need to buy an all new device for that? I don't see why 1080p cant be an firmware update (I could be wrong).
    The firmware is already available for current owners to update. But I wouldn't recommend it if you have, or even think you want to jailbreak.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12