Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
03-06-2012, 03:25 AM #1
New Apple TV Shipping Dates Possibly Revealed
It seems that Apple TV shipping estimates have slipped as the much speculated update nears. This all is coming in to play as the majority of U.S. retail stores are reporting being out of stock of the current-generation model.
The shipping estimates for the device in several countries around the world are being pushed back as Apple is reporting that they will no longer have immediate available of the Apple TV in some regions. Apple’s U.K. site is currently listing the Apple TV as being delayed “2-4 business days.” Another example being iFun.de noticing that Apple’s online store in the country shifted from listing the product as “Available” to “Ships in 1-2 business days.”
Availability updates on Apple’s own sites comes as the latest hint as to the fact that the company may introduce a new version of the Apple TV at its media event on March 7 at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, California. Apple’s partners such as Best Buy have been out of stock of the device for weeks now, which indicated the possibility of the device being updated several weeks ago.
We’ll find out soon enough though as Apple is likely to make announcements that address the topic during their March 7th media event. The status on the update on the sites do seem to confirm the release date being relatively soon (as early as the end of this week or beginning of the next).
Source: Apple (U.K), iFun.de via Google Translate
03-06-2012, 10:35 AM #2
1080P + jailbreak and I'll probably buy one for both my rooms as an XBMC box. Here is hoping...
03-06-2012, 11:42 AM #3
I was waiting to get one and now I will get it if they will make it 1080 p and waiting for jailbreak dreamteam
03-06-2012, 01:04 PM #4
If it doesn't have 1080P, a hell of alot more ram and cpu then it'll be just as useless as the ATV2
03-06-2012, 01:04 PM #5
The Apple TV needs apps even if you to use an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad to control it.
03-06-2012, 01:15 PM #6
03-06-2012, 02:19 PM #7
03-06-2012, 02:20 PM #8
If it supports 1080p and Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA bitstream, I'm sold. Otherwise, I'll have to stick to my HTPC with MPC-HC.
03-06-2012, 09:59 PM #9
03-06-2012, 10:07 PM #10
Mine still holds up fine. Not planning to buy one as of right now but that may change tomorrow with what changes it may have. If it isn't anything big then probably just wait till next revision.
They need to keep the price point though because that was what sold more units compared to previous one. (I have both versions. The old one is sitting in closet in it's box now that I got a couple 2nd gen.)[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
03-07-2012, 06:25 AM #11