+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Says 25th Billion App Download Came from Inside China

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple Says 25th Billion App Download Came from Inside China

Early Monday, Apple confirmed that the 25th billion app download had occurred. Following the obligatory massive countdown clock that usually adorns the Apple website ahead of such a milestone download marker, Apple issued a statement to the press this morning offering more details about the "winning" download.

With more than 315 million iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices floating around worldwide at the moment, lots of apps are downloaded each day. But over the weekend, the 25 billionth app was downloaded. And what was the app, you ask? According to Apple, the winner was "Where's My Water?"

Apple says the app was was downloaded by Chunli Fu of Qingdao, China. As the winner of the App Store Countdown to 25 Billion Apps, Chunli Fu receives a $10,000 iTunes Gift Card. Of course, with an ever-swelling Apple fan base in China, it comes as little surprise that the milestone app download transpired inside of the world's most populous nation.

“We’d like to thank our customers and developers for helping us achieve this historic milestone of 25 billion apps downloaded,” says Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services. “When we launched the App Store less than four years ago, we never imagined that mobile apps would become the phenomenon they have, or that developers would create such an incredible selection of apps for iOS users.”

Source: Apple

Thanks

Congrats

iPhone? More like MyPhone RobberBoy's Avatar
    Thanks

nice...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yeah Apple should be thanking the hackers who created Installer which is now Cydia. Leave it to Apple to always take credit for something they stole.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Truckerbear's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    Yeah Apple should be thanking the hackers who created Installer which is now Cydia. Leave it to Apple to always take credit for something they stole.
    Those that have been jailbreaking since the beginning will understand this!!
    8 gig iPhone Edge 2G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using bootneuter and blackra1n.
    8 gig iPhone 3G (first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using Whited00r CFW
    16 gig iPhone 3GS (new bootrom): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/limera1n.
    16 gig Wifi iPad first day iPad JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig Wifi/3G iPad first day iPad UNLKD/JB using greenpois0n.
    32 gig iPhone 4(first day iPhone): UNLKD/JB using ultrasn0w/greenpois0n
    Apps: 157 installed 25 developed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post

I always have this argument with my brother-in-law who is just another brain washed Apple retail store manager. I always love rubbing in his face the things that my iPhone can do and his can't.
    Last edited by vindutch; 03-05-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

damn him LOL

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,330 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vindutch View Post
    I always have this argument with my brother-in-law who is just another brain washed Apple retail store manager. I always love rubbing in his face the things that my iPhone can do and his can't.
    +1. Must be a great feeling.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The winner is from china??? Congrats and I'm 99.9% sure the winner was chosen from china because Apple is currently an a trademark dispute and wants to be on chinas good side for the final decision of iPad™ being apples property. This was Planned since the beginning. :/

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

The winner was from China because it was around 1:30am on the West Coast when the 25 Billionth was downloaded. Which would have been funny if the App that won was the DUI check Point App (I know it was removed) downloaded from someone on the West Coast!

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSari View Post
    damn him LOL
    ++1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 839 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if China hired 2,000 of its citizens to sit in a (large) room and constantly buy apps for 24 hours when the contest end drew near.

Either that... or it's simply luck. The point is I don't trust China.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    +1. Must be a great feeling.
    I jail broke my phone until the iPhone 4. Every single one. Then with the 4 and 4S, and the standard of App Store Apps these days, I find no need too.

On a side note, I find my device a million times more stable unjailbroken.

I guess its just preference.
    Founder & Owner of Akufu.com

Thanks
    I demand a recount. The chinese are known for their wizardly ways.
    Nothing in life is easy.

Thanks

I know this isn't where this was supposed to posted but I've been searching and can't find the appropriate forum. So please don't be to upset. I've heard that there is a forum where you can recommend interesting online articles to the staff. I've never done this before but I found a cool kick starter page that they might be interested in. Thanks for the help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moribo View Post
    I jail broke my phone until the iPhone 4. Every single one. Then with the 4 and 4S, and the standard of App Store Apps these days, I find no need too.

On a side note, I find my device a million times more stable unjailbroken.

I guess its just preference.
    This is a understandable argument..
    if your like 90 % of the other jailbreakers out there that know nothing about what they are doing and download 100 different tweaks until they finally get constant reboots and blame it all on the fact that jailbreaking in the first place is what made there device unstable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Awdad724 View Post
    This is a understandable argument..
    if your like 90 % of the other jailbreakers out there that know nothing about what they are doing and download 100 different tweaks until they finally get constant reboots and blame it all on the fact that jailbreaking in the first place is what made there device unstable.
    This. I love the conspiracy talk here; "China's evil", "Apple just did this so the Chinese would let them win the trademark suit". Time to remove the foil hats boys. It could also have something to do with the amount of iPhones that are active in China, I read somewhere around 15 million, and that maybe it was just luck that someone over there won?
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz187s View Post
    I demand a recount. The chinese are known for their wizardly ways.

My iPhone is a Part of Me ddonuts4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    +1. Without jailbreakers apple wouldnt be what it is now. I can only think of 2 things apple has added that jailbreakers(or app developers) didn't have/think of first. 1. Siri 2. iCloud
    Everything else; multitasking, notification center, copy paste, home screen wallpaper... Name anything. We had it first in one way or another.

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ddonuts4 View Post
    +1. Without jailbreakers apple wouldnt be what it is now. I can only think of 2 things apple has added that jailbreakers(or app developers) didn't have/think of first. 1. Siri 2. iCloud
    Everything else; multitasking, notification center, copy paste, home screen wallpaper... Name anything. We had it first in one way or another.
    There was no notification center, yes SBSettings acts the same way though on the drop down but No notification center