+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Hack Allows Retina Testing for iPad Apps From iOS Simulator

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Above is a screenshot of a very high-resolution Mac; a 27 inch iMac. Did you notice something peculiar? – The iOS Simulator for the iPad is huge! A new hack
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default New Hack Allows Retina Testing for iPad Apps From iOS Simulator

Above is a screenshot of a very high-resolution Mac; a 27 inch iMac. Did you notice something peculiar? – The iOS Simulator for the iPad is huge! A new hack developed by iOS hacker and developer Ryan Petrich allows for developers to start testing their applications for the supposed 'iPad 3' retina display before Apple releases it. Apple is expected to announce the new generation iPad this week on the seventh of March.

The hack is free and obtainable from this link, which Ryan posted on his Twitter timeline earlier today. To get this hack working, you must be on Mac OS X 10.7 using the latest Xcode (free from the Mac App Store).

A retina display iPad is not yet set in stone, but the proof backing up the rumors is so overwhelming that it may not be a bad idea for developers to grab this hack and start getting their applications ready for the iPad’s new ultra-high resolution. Any standard display applications for the iPad will appear pixelated and grainy on the new retina display similarly to the way applications looked before being optimized for the iPhone 4 from the iPhone 3GS.

Hopefully, it does not take too long for developers to get all of their iPad applications optimized for this retina display. It’s likely that numerous App Store developers will not take advantage of this hack, however it’s expected that Apple will put out an official update for iOS Simulator that will support the retina display for the new generation iPad as soon as it is released.

Sources: MacRumors
    Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 03-02-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks

Ryan petrich is the man! He's a very useful developer as far as targeting "useful tweaks/ hacks". Nice article Anthony

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

I just zoomed in on that picture with my iPhone 4.....took me like 3 minutes and about 200 swipes to get 100% zoom....my fingers hurt.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    I just zoomed in on that picture with my iPhone 4.....took me like 3 minutes and about 200 swipes to get 100% zoom....my fingers hurt.
    After you said that I had to try
    Challenge accepted.
    Oh god my hands!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DQEight View Post
    After you said that I had to try
    Challenge accepted.
    Oh god my hands!!
    Haha, brave man!!
    El Zurdo