+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple At The Core of U.S. Job Creation

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Apple At The Core of U.S. Job Creation

On Friday, Apple launched a new page on Apple.com showcasing the important contributions made by the iDevice-maker to the U.S. economy, chiefly through job creation in recent years years.

According to the data published by Apple, the company continues to create jobs "through innovation" at a record pace. Putting numbers behind that claim, Apple says it has “created or supported” 514,000 U.S. jobs.

These jobs — spread across all 50 states — include thousands of jobs in numerous industries, from the people who create components for our products to the people who build the planes and trucks that carry them to our customers.
    Among the jobs "supported" by Apple innovations would be workers in Texas who manufacture processors for iOS products, Corning employees in Kentucky and New York who create the majority of the glass for iPhone, and FedEx and UPS employees, Apple says. The app revolution alone has added more than 210,000 iOS jobs to the U.S. economy since the iPhone arrived in 2007.

Although Apple's innovations have certainly created a wave of job growth, the company itself has also been hiring at a fairly impressive rate. Ten tears ago, for example, Apple had approximately 10,000 employees. Today, that number is 47,000.

To check out Apple's new job creation page, click here.

Source: Apple

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple, slowly taking over the world

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Prob also includes ATT, verizon, etc because they sell the phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

They should include Cydia devs, jailbreak devs, and other jailbreak related fields....such as the writers and staff at MMi! Think of all the other jailbreak websites out there. Surely all these people play a "equally" important role as the FedEx guy.

I bet that job number would double if all of these people were included, not to mention the many other jobs created by jailbreaking that i didnt have time to mention.You all owe your jobs to Apple!
    Last edited by iLoveWindows&iPhone; 03-02-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    El Zurdo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    That's just BS .We all know apple can buy anyone with its billions , even journalists, news reports and magazines so ; I wouldn't be surprise all these reports are coming from their dirty pockets,
    And by the way apple lovers; feel free to attack me, you would buy anything that comes from your loving company

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeGZC View Post
    That's just BS .We all know apple can buy anyone with its billions , even journalists, news reports and magazines so ; I wouldn't be surprise all these reports are coming from their dirty pockets,
    And by the way apple lovers; feel free to attack me, you would buy anything that comes from your loving company
    Haha what? Who are they (Apple) buying?? Themselves? All of these reports?? This wasn't a story written in the Wall Street Journal, or the FarmVille Gazette for that matter...Apple published this under their own name on their own website! Sure they used sources for the numbers, but how would you create any statistics without numbers??

And dont worry, you won't be attacked by all the "Apple lovers". It's clearly stated on the forum rules page that ridiculing the "retarded or mentally challenged" is strictly forbidden. I might get a warning for even telling you this, but I'll take the chance, cuz I'm evil.....I like Apple products.
    El Zurdo

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Love how they add transportation jobs..... As if they weren't transporting apple products they wouldn't have a job? I knew apple had a HUGE ego but come on!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Love how they add transportation jobs..... As if they weren't transporting apple products they wouldn't have a job? I knew apple had a HUGE ego but come on!
    I thought the same thing...But when you think about it, they are shipping millions and millions and millions of idevices. Not just shipments to your front door, but also in bulk to all of the different retailers. With how valuable these devices are, the massive numbers being shipped, and how important it is for UPS/FedEx to get these devices to their destination safely, it isn't to hard to imagine that these companies would have to hire additional staff.
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple is providing us with more jobs, so let us not forget the Jobs we no longer have.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    Apple is providing us with more jobs, so let us not forget the Jobs we no longer have.
    innovation creates job. that's what we should learn from steve jobs and Apple.
    I can't stop laughing!