+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Apple Job Listing Points to Company Seeking Automotive Engineers in China

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    Thanks

Default New Apple Job Listing Points to Company Seeking Automotive Engineers in China

A job listing recently discovered is claiming that the Cupertino California company is seeking a supplier quality engineer with Chinese manufacturing experience. This leads many to believe the possibility of the company looking to extend into car-related products.

According to the folks over at Jalopnik, the Chinese head-hunting firm Allegis-BN is supposedly in the middle of looking for a recruit to fill a position for an undisclosed project. The job posting, originally filed two weeks ago under the automotive section of LinkedIn claims that Apple is looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer/New Product Integration supervisor with experience in CNC/ die casting/ plastic injection. The original post mentioned the following:

Apple(China) Looking for SQE/NPI with over 4 years Mechanical engineering background familiar with CNC/die casting/stamping/plastic injection, can use APQP/ PPAP/SPC to control product quality.
    Although the job advertisement mentions Apple, it should be noted that the Shanghai-based firm Allegis-BN doesn’t include Apple as a customer on its client list webpage. The ad is however a legitimate one and it wouldn’t be the first time that Apple has been rumored to be venturing into the automotive space either. A report in 2007 claimed that Apple was in talks with Volkswagen over building an Apple-integrated concept car.

As of right now, Apple doesn’t make any products associated with cars directly, though Daimler recently announced a Mercedes-Benz project that heavily integrates the iPhone in the car company’s next generation “infotainment” system. The car company stated that when the product is released, it will mark the first time a car has the ability to interface with software such as Apple’s Siri voice-recognition. The integration will be known as the Drive Kit Plus and it will be making its debut in the A-class line with expectation sof being included in the B, C, and E-class cars by this fall.

Source: Jalopnik via CarNewsChina

Twitter: @AkshayMasand

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple needs to work at getting Siri or Siri-like technology into a car. I really think something like Sir would be a lot more useful in a car than a phone. Augmented reality on a car's windshield would also be cool.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

"The iCar....Drive into the future of transportation......Coming 2020".

I guess the only question that really matters is....Can we jailbreak it? Tweak the color of our cars, uncap speed restrictions Apple has put in place, get free fuel using "installagas"?

Apple should design/make a car from head to toe as a tech demo, simply for the fact that I would LOVE to see it.
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone Breezy215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    "The iCar....Drive into the future of transportation......Coming 2020".

I guess the only question that really matters is....Can we jailbreak it? Tweak the color of our cars, uncap speed restrictions Apple has put in place, get free fuel using "installagas"?

Apple should design/make a car from head to toe as a tech demo, simply for the fact that I would LOVE to see it.
    +1

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Apple should start making products for cars, I bet they'd come out with some great ideas.

Thanks

Default Freakin' finally
    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeBeef View Post
    Apple needs to work at getting Siri or Siri-like technology into a car. I really think something like Sir would be a lot more useful in a car than a phone. Augmented reality on a car's windshield would also be cool.
    I thought that this was just a rumor or worse, just something that I have been DREAMING about forever that will never become a reality...
    Oh how I have dreamed that my Mercedes worked in conjunction with my apple products (better than they already do).

Get notifications, text messages, email, everything right on my navigation screen. Definitely internet!!
    This Will Be AWESOME!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple DID partner with VW. They released a car with an integrated iPad right next to the steering Column for radio controls, etc.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    I thought that this was just a rumor or worse, just something that I have been DREAMING about forever that will never become a reality...
    Oh how I have dreamed that my Mercedes worked in conjunction with my apple products (better than they already do).

Get notifications, text messages, email, everything right on my navigation screen. Definitely internet!!
    This Will Be AWESOME!!!!!!
    In your dream, biatch!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

And don't forget about your car reporting back all your driving habits back to apple and to the developers of all and every app you load on your icar. Will not buy until jailbroken and until i can install Firewall IP.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    And don't forget about your car reporting back all your driving habits back to apple and to the developers of all and every app you load on your icar. Will not buy until jailbroken and until i can install Firewall IP.
    Seriously if you want optimum security. Get your iphone find a hammer and smash it. I'm sick of people complaining about this and that unless I jailbreak it because this one app will save my a**. Get real. They're many different ways to hack into stuff and i'm sure the new way you wont find out until after its too late. Not to mention if your using iCloud you must be crazy to have all your information held at a server thats not yours, that basically anyone with the key can get. so boo hoo.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    Seriously if you want optimum security. Get your iphone find a hammer and smash it. I'm sick of people complaining about this and that unless I jailbreak it because this one app will save my a**. Get real. They're many different ways to hack into stuff and i'm sure the new way you wont find out until after its too late. Not to mention if your using iCloud you must be crazy to have all your information held at a server thats not yours, that basically anyone with the key can get. so boo hoo.
    Hehe, nice!