+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mirror Your A5 Device Through AirPlay On Your Mac With Reflection App

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Reflection is a new application for Mac allowing you to use AirPlay to mirror the display your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S screen on your Mac’s screen. It will not
    MMi Staff Writer Anthony Bouchard's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Mirror Your A5 Device Through AirPlay On Your Mac With Reflection App

Reflection is a new application for Mac allowing you to use AirPlay to mirror the display your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S screen on your Mac’s screen. It will not work with the iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G, or original iPad. Reflection will set you back $14.99 to snag a single license or $49.99 to snag five licenses and includes a ten-minute (wow could you spare a little fun?) free trial, both of which can be downloaded from this link. Unfortunately, there is no Windows version. Reflection will run on Mac OS X 10.6 or newer and has Mac OS X Lion full-screen capabilities built in to keep distractions to a minimum and retain focus on the iDevice display.

The image above shows an iPad 2 being mirrored on a Mac using Reflection. It has a huge appearance with the frame of the original iPad to give it an eye-candy look. It would have looked better to give it an iPad 2 frame, but they chose to use the original iPad frame for whatever reason. The frame effect can be enabled or disabled at your leisure through the menu bar options. Below is an example of an iPhone 4S being mirrored without any frames and displaying in full-screen mode:

This AirPlay functionality makes Reflection a great way to play games on iOS through the big screen of your personal computer. Of course, this may be more convenient for anyone with a family that gets annoyed by someone dominating their family television. Relfection, using AirPlay, doesn’t provide you with any kind of remote control features from your Mac to your iDevice, but merely allows for you to see the iDevice display on the computer. This means that it isn’t a VNC substitute and you have to control the iDevice to see any changes on your Mac's display.

Reflection is impressive from its first glance, but we are excited to see if it gets any better. It could do with more accurate frame images and while in full-screen mode it would even be cool to see the iDevice’s screen go edge-to-edge on the Mac instead of the appearance of it floating in the middle.

Sources: Cult of Mac, Reflection

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I tested it, and seems buggy to me. I installed it on my mid-2010 27" iMac and tried to mirror some games from my iPhone 4S and nothing worked, I had to keep pressing the AirPlay button on the task switcher and selecting my iMac again. Besides, the video and audio quality is very poor.

Thanks

Or you can do it for free with airplayer from Erica Sadun: ericasadun.com AirPlayer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

have you tried air parrot? i have it on my iMac i bought about a year or so ago running the latest os and it works good! plus its cheap! $10 for single user and $30 for multi..

Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    I tested it, and seems buggy to me. I installed it on my mid-2010 27" iMac and tried to mirror some games from my iPhone 4S and nothing worked, I had to keep pressing the AirPlay button on the task switcher and selecting my iMac again. Besides, the video and audio quality is very poor.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Now what I really want is a tweak to enable wireless AirPlay mirroring for iPT 4 and iPhone 4. I would pay for a tweak like that. My Apple TV isn't getting much attention at the moment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Or you can do it for free with airplayer from Erica Sadun: ericasadun.com AirPlayer
    airplayer doesnt work i have an ipad 2 with 5.0.1 with Mac OS Lion and it just doesnt work i downloaded it and connected both my computer and ipad 2 to the same wifi network and nothing happens when i run it. I deleted and reinstalled many times it just doesnt work