+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Wozniak: AAPL Could Go to $1,000

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
On Thursday morning, CNBC aired a new interview Steve Wozniak, the lovable Apple co-founder and close personal friend to late Apple chief Steve Jobs. The interview is opening more eyes
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Steve Wozniak: AAPL Could Go to $1,000

On Thursday morning, CNBC aired a new interview Steve Wozniak, the lovable Apple co-founder and close personal friend to late Apple chief Steve Jobs. The interview is opening more eyes than usual in response to Woz's frank discussion of something he usually doesn't speak about - the value of Apple's stock. According to Woz, shares of AAPL - which are currently priced at $543.41 - could double and touch $1,000 before the meteoric rise in share price slows to some degree.

"You know, people talk about $1,000 stock price... you know, at first you want to doubt it but I actually believe that and I don't really follow stock markets," Wozniak told CNBC.

The reason for his optimism? Apple's has housed its retail store, iTunes, iPhone, iPad and computer making divisions all under one company's roof. Apple mixes "a lot of companies into one," and "every one is so excellent," Woz confesses.

"Apple is on such a winning course because it's encapsulated all of its different big products that I mentioned, they all work together so well that you are in a course that if you buy a product from another company it doesn't really do as much as one from Apple does. So Apple has a large room for growth," he added. "Apple has that much growth left because we're talking something like Apple TV that works with all these other great, great companies and products all in the same sphere."

In the process of his grandiose speculating about the future of Apple, Woz may have dropped a hint about the company's rumored upcoming production of connected HDTVs.

"It's not like a side project 'we're going to start a TV company'. No, we're going to start TV within the whole Apple world. Assuming that we are going to, I don't know," Woz concluded.

Source: CNBC

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That is not much of a prediction unless he specify the time it will take to reach that $1000 mark.

All stocks will reach $1000 at some point, just depends on if the company could last till then.
    With the U.S. dollar depreciating the way it is plus if your company last long enough, it is an eventuality that stock would reach $1000 mark.
    Just like in the 70's people say you are wealthy when you are a millionaire but now the requirements is quite a bit higher.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    They have said the same thing about Google going above $1500 for the past year.

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    That is not much of a prediction unless he specify the time it will take to reach that $1000 mark.

All stocks will reach $1000 at some point, just depends on if the company could last till then.
    With the U.S. dollar depreciating the way it is plus if your company last long enough, it is an eventuality that stock would reach $1000 mark.
    Just like in the 70's people say you are wealthy when you are a millionaire but now the requirements is quite a bit higher.
    You're nuts! The share price is irrelevant. In AAPL's case a share price of $1000 would denote a market cap (assuming no significant decrease in value from proposed dividends) of 1 TRILLION dollars. That's crazy. Google's share price could hit $1000 and the market cap would be just over 300 billion dollars. In AAPL's case this is truly amazing. The most valuable company ever was Microsoft at the heart of the dot-com boom 12 years ago. At that point they hit a peak market cap of over 600 billion dollars. Apple's rise is amazing and unrivaled.
    They can have my jailbreak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Thanks

Good points! Steve always seems to "give away" new info haha! Time will tell..in the meantime INVEST :]

Green Apple
    Thanks

that could feed him for a week

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Really?! Leave with your arrogance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banks4004 View Post
    that could feed him for a week

How would you feel if someone were to talk about your worthless mother and father? And don't make it seem as if your some rich kid living a lavish life style, because in actuality your nothing. Those are letters with no monetary value you're pressing on a computer. You live behind a computer screen. You are probably using an out dated PC dated back in the 2000's. LOL
    Last edited by KiidTee; 03-01-2012 at 03:53 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple needs to do 2 things: offer a dividend and split their stock. If they did that, you could see their stock going much higher than it is today without any trouble.

The company is really solid as an investment: at least in the short term. Their P/E ratio is around 15, which is decent for the industry. But if you factor in their huge cash pile, the P/E ratio is probably more like 11, which is excellent. My buddy has made thousands off of buying and selling call options. If I were a little more risky, I'd do the same, because barring a major catastrophe they will definitely go up from here and $600 will probably easily be reached.