+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Digitimes' Report Claims Apple to Release Thinner MacBook Pros This Spring

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Digitime's Report Claims Apple to Release Thinner MacBook Pros This Spring

A number of odd reports surfaced today, most notably a 14” MacBook Air no one was asking for. But, Digitimes is claiming Apple is expected to launch new thinner MacBook Pros.

The report is inconsistent with the debut time frame (it states both April “at the soonest” and “expected” in April) but, it does claim the update will include thinner 13” and 15” MacBook Pro models. The report makes no mention of the 17” MBP, perhaps indicating Apple will again have a tiered release like the late 2008 early 2009 MBP updates.

The initial availability is estimated to be 900,000 units, and Digitimes claims delays in Intel’s ability to mass produce their new Ivy Bridge chips could give Apple an advantage over its ultrabook competitors. Intel hasn’t officially address the timeline for its next generation quad-core desktop or mobile processors, but history suggests Apple could benefit from special treatment from Intel and receive Ivy Bridge processors early.

Rumors of a potential switch to AMD processors for the MBA indicate Apple’s patience with Intel is wearing thin, but Intel is still the most reliable traditional chip producer around. Hopefully April showers bring some Ivy Bridge power this spring.

Source: Digitimes [via MacRumors]

Thanks

Blah, it seems that all electronic companies have this obsession with making things ultra thin...

Granted, no one wants to haul a brick of a phone, nor a 20lbs laptop either, but with all the thinning of technology, I feel like it's been getting a bit over the top.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick00 View Post
    Blah, it seems that all electronic companies have this obsession with making things ultra thin...

Granted, no one wants to haul a brick of a phone, nor a 20lbs laptop either, but with all the thinning of technology, I feel like it's been getting a bit over the top.
    The goal: Make a supercomputer fit into a cellular/wristwatch with HD 3D holographic touch capabilities with a battery powered kinetic/solar.

It's feasible. Perhaps a century from now.

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cjblaze2001 View Post
    The goal: Make a supercomputer fit into a cellular/wristwatch with HD 3D holographic touch capabilities with a battery powered kinetic/solar.

It's feasible. Perhaps a century from now.
    People said that about space flight in the 50s, the internet in the 60s, and they said that about camera-phones in the 80s.

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple, give me a mbp with a mobile 7970 in it and I will sell you my soul.

-JedixJarf

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

A thinner MBP huh, pretty snazzy! I hope they upgrade the graphics card and allow blu-ray discs to be played on them!! That'll probably just stay in my dreams though

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ahhh!All I can say say is "IVY BRIDGE FOR THE WIN!!" can't wait for my new MBP