Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Details Emerge from Apple Shareholders Meeting Thursday

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Details Emerge from Apple Shareholders Meeting Thursday

On Thursday, Apple held its annual shareholders meeting and a number of details are now emerging from the closely-monitored gathering.

For starters, Apple has adopted a new measure first approved by shareholders last year, which will now require a majority vote for new board members to be approved before serving. That measure is now a done deal, reports CNBC in Cupertino, California at Apple headquarters today.

Speaking at the meeting, Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook once again danced around the prospect of paying investors a dividend, saying only that the company is "thinking very deeply" about investors' demands - demands that call for some of the iPhone maker's $98 billion be paid out to shareholders.

Pressure continues to mount for Apple to pay a dividend, especially after last Thursday's performance on Wall Street, when shares of AAPL hit a new record all-time high of $526.29 and put Apple at $450 billion in terms of market capitalization.

According to the latest buzz on the street, Apple's stock could blow right past last week's high in the weeks to come when the venerable tech giant introduces its long-awaited third generation iPad. One trader I spoke with today at the Chicago Board of Trade believes AAPL could be well above $600 a share by the time another iPhone reaches the market later this summer... or fall (depending on which rumor you believe).

Source: CNBC

see and people laughed when i bought 20 shares at $500 a pop. already ahead a decent % in under a month!

I guess even Kindle Fire owners want to own a tablet!

/snark

Quote Originally Posted by VerizonIphone4_help View Post
    see and people laughed when i bought 20 shares at $500 a pop. already ahead a decent % in under a month!
    Or you could have bought five or six $500 all options and made about $5,000 by now.

Thanks

Where were the details from the meeting?