+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The Beatles Invade iTunes with Exclusive Ringtones

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
The legendary British rock band is making history once again - this time through a new offering exclusively available on Apple's iTunes. According to an announcement on the official Beatles
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default The Beatles Invade iTunes with Exclusive Ringtones

The legendary British rock band is making history once again - this time through a new offering exclusively available on Apple's iTunes. According to an announcement on the official Beatles website today, a full slate of new ringtones is now available for purchase and download through Apple's digital music storefront.

All told, there are 27 ringtones that come in 30 second segments. Each is priced at $1.29 and is derived from the group's chart topping hits in the U.S. and U.K. Among the songs included are "Can't Buy Me Love," "A Hard Day's Night," "I Want to Hold Your Hand," "Eight Days a Week," "Paperback Writer," "All You Need is Love," "Ticket to Ride," "Help!," "Yesterday," "Hello Goodbye," "Let It Be," "Something," "Come Together," "Hey Jude," and others.

If the track list looks familiar, then you're definitely a Beatles fan. All of the tunes listed above are part of the band's legendary "1" collection. Now, thanks to the Beatles and iTunes, any of those chart toppers can provide the soundtrack to your iPhone via ringtone.

As some will recall, only eighteen months have passed since the Beatles finally arrived on iTunes. The partnership marked a conclusion to a long legal tug of war between the music's copyright holders and Apple. Ultimately, both parties decided to "let it be" and the Beatles have been a huge hit on iTunes (as expected) ever since.

Source: The Official Beatles Website

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Or if you're a Beatles fan you could just make your own 30 second ring tones with your Beatles tunes for free?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Or if you're a Beatles fan you could just make your own 30 second ring tones with your Beatles tunes for free?
    Thank you.
    Nothing in life is easy.

Thanks

Meh, who are the beatles again? I'm sorry but this is so not news. They were great and everything, but that was like 50 years ago, right? The fact that we can shell out $1.29 for a ringtone of theirs is crap, since anyone who knows how to copy/cut/paste in Audacity could have done this years ago, for free.

iPhone? More like MyPhone shigh's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea your points are valid. Not. Thanks for the article mike. Why anyone gets on here to complain is beyond me. You all are probably the same type who yells at the cashier cuz the price of gas went up. Click. Read. Leave a comment worth posting and move on. Christ

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shigh View Post
    Yea your points are valid. Not. Thanks for the article mike. Why anyone gets on here to complain is beyond me. You all are probably the same type who yells at the cashier cuz the price of gas went up. Click. Read. Leave a comment worth posting and move on. Christ
    How to make free iPhone ringtones with iTunes 10?
    There.
    A more worth while post. I've just saved people $1.29 for 30 seconds of music they probably already owned.

Thanks

Well played. I just dont get the negativity towards mmi. I personally enjoy this site. It has helped me a lot. And thats just in the articles and " worthwhile posts"

Thanks

Well played. I just dont get the negativity towards mmi. I personally enjoy this site. It has helped me a lot. And thats just in the articles and " worthwhile posts"
    +1

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

What is with Apples obsession with the Beatles??
    El Zurdo

Thanks

For starters mr. Jobs liked the beatles. A lot. Or maybe it was more. " i dont have them in my music store. And i want them. So i will have them" it was steve jobs. I could see him thinking like that

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

For starters mr. Jobs liked the beatles. A lot. Or maybe it was more. " i dont have them in my music store. And i want them. So i will have them" it was steve jobs. I could see him thinking like that
    Ya obviously Steve must have been a HUGE fan...but at some point Apple has to move on. Not from Steve Jobs, but from The Beatles! They have been promoting the Beatles HARD for quite sometime.

I don't know the statistics, but I have to imagine this love affair between Apple and the Beatles has benefited the Beatles far more then it has Apple.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

At this point u mean beatle. And that may be. Yet if i had the power/control apple does i would flex too. And to a sickening degree. Its the beatles. Listen to some records. Educate urself. (all words purposely misspelled.)

There are no losers in this

FTW!! Beatles for ever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

You could put the Beatles at the very top of most influential band that ever existed and it wouldn't be high enough on the list. For the people too young to understand, if you really are a musician or into music, you should do some research because it would only benefit yourself to understand their impact on modern music.
    Don't think I would buy a ringtone though, since I own all their music and can make my own ringtones. But some people will buy them.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    You could put the Beatles at the very top of most influential band that ever existed and it wouldn't be high enough on the list. For the people too young to understand, if you really are a musician or into music, you should do some research because it would only benefit yourself to understand their impact on modern music.
    Don't think I would buy a ringtone though, since I own all their music and can make my own ringtones. But some people will buy them.
    I'm not sure if the very latest music is influenced by the Beatles. I hope not.