+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Nightline Special: Inside Apple's Magic Factory, Airs Tonight *Update*

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I'm just wondering why images are so hard to be leaked. Because the people in Foxconn seems to be able to come back and forth anytime they wished. Why can't
    k3u
    Thanks

I'm just wondering why images are so hard to be leaked. Because the people in Foxconn seems to be able to come back and forth anytime they wished. Why can't they snap a few photos of the upcoming iDevice. :P But at first I was kind of against the whole "sweat shop" idea, however their living conditions is way different compared to ours. Most of them are lucky to have those jobs even though compared to America it's horrible. But I know a lot of people in Vietnam who would wish to get paid $200 bucks a month.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eli_ View Post
    Cant believe foxconn pays these workers $1.75 an hour
    But wait. Apple claims that their reasoning for having Chinese jobs isn;t money savings, but because they couldn;t find the skilled labor fast enough stateside.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been living and working in China for 12 years. The Chinese do take naps after lunch. This includes factory workers, office workers, teachers, children, etc etc. It is just what they do. I even got into the habit. It kills the food coma very nicely

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

you cant really compare foxconn's $1.75/hr salary with US standards. its no different then working in several other countries (hondorus, india, philippines, mexico). cost of labor most be low in order for companies like Apple, Nokia, Samsung, Dell ..to be successful. also these low wages keep our iphone prices where they are today

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adam9ka View Post
    I have been living and working in China for 12 years. The Chinese do take naps after lunch. This includes factory workers, office workers, teachers, children, etc etc. It is just what they do. I even got into the habit. It kills the food coma very nicely
    Second that. I worked in China for 6 months on an internship. This is common I really wish this was acceptable in US offices. A 15 minute nap would make me much more productive for the rest of the day instead of fighting lethargy for hours.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

edit:
    nvm

Here is a link to the episode, if anyone wants it:

ABC Nightline Tue, Feb 21, 2012 Season 32 Ep. 237 - 650K.flv
    Last edited by sharmanhall; 02-23-2012 at 01:53 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    you cant really compare foxconn's $1.75/hr salary with US standards. its no different then working in several other countries (hondorus, india, philippines, mexico). cost of labor most be low in order for companies like Apple, Nokia, Samsung, Dell ..to be successful. also these low wages keep our iphone prices where they are today
    I totally agree. $1.78/hr sounds too little here in the US but in places like China, Philippines, etc. It is more than adequate.

For example:

In the Philippines, minimum wage is about ~P300/day. $1 = P43 conversion. So for an 8 hr/day, $1.78*8= $14.24 x 43 = P612/day. This is already twice the minimum wage.

Thanks

Wow an extra 25 % pay increase. Sounds good. too bad its hitting on $1.75 an hour. Do the math.

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

iPhone? More like MyPhone GooseG's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eli_ View Post
    So if foxconn is paying them that how much u think apple is paying foxconn
    Good question. A lot would be my guess. If I had millions and millions of iDevices in my factory, what's to keep me from keeping them for myself and selling them? (Besides the massive law suits of course &#128540

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123