+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple TV Pulled From Retail Shelves and Online Stores, Refresh Soon?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
The Apple TV sold out across numerous websites earlier this week, and now Apple’s “hobby” is being pulled from big-box retailers physical and online stores as well. As of this
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple TV Pulled From Retail Shelves and Online Stores, Refresh Soon?

The Apple TV sold out across numerous websites earlier this week, and now Apple’s “hobby” is being pulled from big-box retailers physical and online stores as well.

As of this morning the only major online retailer still selling the Apple TV is Apple.Wal-Mart and Best Buy don’t even list the Apple TV on their sites. Amazon has stopped selling it as well.

Physical stores across the country appear to have a depleted or non-existent stock as well. AppleInsider contacted Best Buy’s sales division to inquire about the Apple TV’s availability. The Best Buy salesperson wasn’t to tell when Best Buy removed the Apple TV from the company website.

“At this point in time, it doesn't look like we'll be getting [the Apple TV] back," the representative said after performing an inventory check.
    Another AppleInsider reader had a similar experience Thursday claiming that a Best Buy employee checked App TV inventory in all stores and found no stores with the device in stock.

The Apple TV's disappearance from retail stores isn’t unprecedented as Apple usually constrains the supply of products they’re about to refresh. However, the Apple TV is in a unique position considering Tim Cooks comments yesterday about something bigger possibly evolving from the platform and the incredible buzz surrounding a possible Apple HDTV.

Between the Apple TV, a possible Apple HDTV and the iPad 3’s rumored release, Cupertino looks to be busy this year pushing out new products.

Source: AppleInsider
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 02-17-2012 at 09:38 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Well considering Mountain Lion is coming this summer with AirPlay Mirroring, we all can take comfort in the fact that AppleTV isn't being discontinued. :-D

/inb4 OMG NO DON'T DISCONTINUE IT

Thanks

Could this be? Is Apple going to release the so called Apple flat screen HD T.V. with Apple T.V. Integrated inside?
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cellular's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple tv has the least functionality of all there products...the worst just trash it already and combine it with IHDTV

Thanks

Glad I got mines when I did! People trash it but for its size it does what it says it does and it does it very well!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The only reason this makes sense is because I finally found an open box at my local BB and picked one up at Christmas. You're welcome, guys. It's all my fault! LOL

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is this accurate? After reading I went to best buy's site and it's still listed, as well as being in stock at all but 2 of my local b&m stores. Not saying its impossible but according to article bb supposedly didn't have it on their site

iPhone? More like MyPhone ccoltmanm's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got my dad an Apple TV. Poisoned it, and he's loving it. He is not in the target consumer range of an Apple HDTV though, so, we will see.

iPhone? More like MyPhone blueblaze4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by glyphic View Post
    Is this accurate? After reading I went to best buy's site and it's still listed, as well as being in stock at all but 2 of my local b&m stores. Not saying its impossible but according to article bb supposedly didn't have it on their site
    It is still listed on Best Buy's site, but if you look on the right it says "Sold Out Online"
    God Bless