+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Reportedly Giving iAd a Makeover

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Reportedly Giving iAd a Makeover

There aren't many ventures launched by Apple in recent years that have sputtered out of the gate. But even the most loyal fan boys must concede that Apple's mobile advertising platform - iAd - has failed to live up to the grand hype Apple encouraged ahead of its 2010 introduction.

The brainchild of Steve Jobs, iAd may have ultimately been another one of those ideas that was still too far ahead of its time. That is, advertisers continue to approach the mobile channel with some deal of skepticism despite all the latest studies and estimates projecting that mobile advertising's growth will be off the charts in coming years.

Nonetheless, a big makeover is taking place in the mobile advertising wing of Apple today, as we understand it. First and foremost, Apple is making iAd more affordable to advertisers. Upon its market introduction, Apple maintained a $1 million entry price point for advertisers, but the high price proved to be an immense turn-off to ad buyers.

Advertisers will now have to spend just $100,000 for Apple mobile campaigns running in iPhone and iPad apps, down from a previous $500,000 threshold and a significant reduction from the initial starting price of $1 million in 2010, when Steve Jobs unveiled Apple’s first ad product.
    Additionally, Apple had previously charged advertisers a fixed rate for every 1,000 ad impressions. Then, another "fee" was tossed in when users actually clicked on the ad. AdAge says Apple is similarly changing this model with the company now charging “only the cost-per-thousand rate.”

Apple has been very quiet about its changes with iAd, but the changes are expected to be significant and sweeping. And only time will tell if they have much effect.

Source: AdAge

Thanks

I hate iAds it just really bugs me! And all the apps that have in them too!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,354 Times in 1,307 Posts

Here's a revolutionary idea, get rid of it all together! If I didn't have firewall ip, I'd've already slapped my phone on the target at the firing range and blast it, tape it together and blast it again

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scroogelives View Post
    I hate iAds it just really bugs me! And all the apps that have in them too!
    Have a better way for devs to make money on their free apps? Most apps that have them also have a paid version that don't... Buy the app, and then, if the ads stay complain about them...