+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pegatron Initially Clueless on Apple's FLA-Backed Labor Inspections?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Pegatron Initially Clueless on Apple's FLA-Backed Labor Inspections?

As MMi reported Monday, Apple has announced that the Fair Labor Association has begun conducting special voluntary audits of Apple’s final assembly suppliers, including Foxconn factories in Shenzhen and Chengdu, China.

Apple said the comprehensive audits, which are performed by qualified members and representatives of the FLA, will continue through spring and include the manufacturing and production facilities of Pegatron, another overseas assembler of Apple's most popular mobile devices.

Although Pegatron was aware of Apple's involvement with the FLA, the company appeared to have no previous knowledge or advance warnings of the forthcoming inspections and their scheduling before Apple issued a press release Monday. Yesterday also marked the first round of inspections at Foxconn.

Apple said that in addition to Foxconn and Pegatron, Quanta would also be audited by the FLA in the coming months. All told, the plants and facilities that are going to be subjected to audits will account for the properties on which better than 90% of all Apple products are produced.

Source: Bloomberg

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Essany View Post

Although Pegatron was aware of Apple's involvement with the FLA....
    Haha it sounds so dramatic. "Apples involvement with the FLA"...When i read that, I cant help thinking Apple has an alliance with some rebel group, fighting a corrupt government in a foreign land...the Freedom Liberation Army or something.

Apple would be quite a good ally to have actually, im sure they could weaponize their iDevices somehow....at the very least, with all their money they could fund this fictional Army better then even the United States could!
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't think an advanced warning should be necessary anyway.. That gives them too much time to clean up their act just for the sake of impressing inspectors