+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brits Seek Ban on 'iTV' for Use by Apple?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
The British are coming for the name of an Apple product that... doesn't technically exist yet. Naturally, the overwhelming majority of us will not be surprised if and when Apple
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Brits Seek Ban on 'iTV' for Use by Apple

The British are coming for the name of an Apple product that... doesn't technically exist yet.

Naturally, the overwhelming majority of us will not be surprised if and when Apple unveils its own connected HDTV, which the rumor mill suggests could be out by this time next year and carry the product name iTV.

But the iOS-powered flat-screen television will have to be called something else, if the British have any say in the matter. According to published reports on Monday, Britain's iTV network is believed to have privately issued a warning to Apple that it wants the iPhone maker to avoid christening any HDTV product line as the 'iTV.'

Or else.

Okay, so I added the "or else" part for dramatic effect myself, but the Brits seem pretty serious about their warning. For now, the people at iTV in Great Britain aren't saying much, although more than one source has been quoted saying that no communication has actually taken place between iTV and Apple.

Regardless, this isn't the first time we've heard that iTV has warned Apple about using its name. Before the Apple TV was released (the second time around), the rumor mill suggested that the second coming of the product would be known as iTV. Obviously, that didn't happen. But with speculation rampant that Apple will call its HDTV the "iTV," things could get very interesting in the months ahead as the two international bodies clash in the name of technology.

Source: The Telegraph

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The Apple new tv product won't be called "iTV", it'll be "iHDTV"...there, that settles it..

Thanks

Apple will most likely pay them off or get sued for it
    Lol

Thanks

iVision.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

<sarcasm>Im sure Apple is really concerned with this British company.</sarcasm>
    Throw some of their billions at them and make them go away.

Thanks

Nah in England it'll be called iTelle

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich246 View Post
    Ha ha nice yin

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rich246 View Post
    Lmao!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by titoget View Post
    The Apple new tv product won't be called "iTV", it'll be "iHDTV"...there, that settles it..
    Wow, you stole my thunder. IHDTV is precisely what it'll be named.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Nah, Apple HDTV "x" inch screen w/ iOS Siri enabled.

Banned
    Thanks

Apple are bastards so they will call it iTV just to piss off the iTV Network.
    then they will get sued and take it to court which will take months to years and by then its sold thousands to all the stupid fanboys with more money than sense.

Apple are the stupidest and most stuck up company there ever is. They dont care about anybody but themselves and they dont even really care about their fans. If they did do you really thing their iDevices would be so locked down? IF they really cared what their fans thought it would be jailbreaked by a tickbox just like Android phones who actually care for its customers and listen to what they want.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    then they will get sued and take it to court which will take months to years and by then its sold thousands to all the stupid fanboys with more money than sense.

Apple are the stupidest and most stuck up company there ever is. They dont care about anybody but themselves and they dont even really care about their fans. If they did do you really thing their iDevices would be so locked down? IF they really cared what their fans thought it would be jailbreaked by a tickbox just like Android phones who actually care for its customers and listen to what they want.
    You repeat rhetoric more than a politician, let alone the Apple fanboys you criticize. I'm not an Apple fanboy and I think you actually have a couple good points, but you don't have to post the same thing every day. Why don't you just make your second paragraph your signature?

Thanks
    Are you trying to tell me that Apple will have to come up with something innovative for a product name?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I think they'll just call it Apple TV or iVision or something.

Thanks
    iPad HD?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple are the stupidest and most stuck up company there ever is.
    Apple are so dumb, I agree.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Pfft, please.

Clearly a graduate of the US public school system. Thou slayeth the King's English.

If I were Tim Cook, I would buy iTV, fire everyone, and sell the capital assets just to make the point.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Why will things get interesting? iTV is the name of a tv company and has been for years so apple will not be allowed to just take the name......end of story convo over

Green Apple
    Thanks

FYI it is ITV not iTV. Just because that is the apple way, doesn't mean it is the only way! :-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

ITV have been around since 1955 and one of the major broadcasting company's in the UK, the chances of them blocking the use of the ITV name from apple is slim. As has been pointed out it uses a capital "I" all apple need to do is use "i" to differentiate the two names, your be amazed at the amount of company's called "Apple".

Some of the past comments are typical from the uneducated yank teens!