+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Brits Seek Ban on 'iTV' for Use by Apple?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Haha just because apple have lots of money don't mean they can buy itv over here. It's just like I could not make a tv over here in England and
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Haha just because apple have lots of money don't mean they can buy itv over here.

It's just like I could not make a tv over here in England and sell it in America and call it NBC just won't happen
    3gs iPhone 32gb-Jailbroken factory unlocked
    iPhone 4 jailbroken & factory unlocked

Thanks
    Any reason why you keep writing 'The Brits' ... ITV is a channel us 'Brits' watch but it is one of many... Doesn't mean you have make out the British public are against Apple...

iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

iDONTCARE

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NOYB111 View Post
    iDONTCARE
    Aaaaah you Americans are all the same...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    Clearly a graduate of the US public school system. Thou slayeth the King's English.

If I were Tim Cook, I would buy iTV, fire everyone, and sell the capital assets just to make the point.
    That's kind of evil to fire everyone and leave only the executives with money.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Except ITV is not the name of a consumer electronic device, it's a Television Broadcaster/Channel. So they technically have no claim to the iTV name in a different industry. If Apple were to start offering content using the iTV brand and not just the HDTV product then maybe ITV could try to stop them from using iTV to sell content but still not the actual device name.

Thanks
    Iscreen or iview

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple doesn't care who has trademarked a name or not. They didn't care that Cisco already owned the rights to iOS and LG owned the rights to iPhone. They just used the names and settled afterwards with wads of cash.

I think if Apple was going to use iTV they would have done it with the first Gen Apple TV. I think they'll stick with Apple TV.

Thanks

Apple TV 3?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ishamiyal View Post
    Clearly a graduate of the US public school system. Thou slayeth the King's English.

If I were Tim Cook, I would buy iTV, fire everyone, and sell the capital assets just to make the point.
    Are you looking down on U.S. public school system?
    I am a product of U.S. public school system, went on to great University and got my masters in Biological Engineering.
    All my friends that graduated from public school system went to great university like Harvard, MIT, Caltech etc
    Last I check we do not use "King's English". I guess that is what private school students use to make themselves think they are superior to everyone else... Do you speak with fake British accent as well?
    Just because Apple now have money they can be pricks?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Are you looking down on U.S. public school system?
    I am a product of U.S. public school system, went on to great University and got my masters in Biological Engineering.
    All my friends that graduated from public school system went to great university like Harvard, MIT, Caltech etc
    Last I check we do not use "King's English". I guess that is what private school students use to make themselves think they are superior to everyone else... Do you speak with fake British accent as well?
    Just because Apple now have money they can be pricks?
    No offense but American English sounds like a second language to you. Mostly because you don't use articles for some reason. Even I don't use perfect English. My second sentence is incomplete.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 02-14-2012 at 01:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Apple are bastards so they will call it iTV just to piss off the iTV Network.
    then they will get sued and take it to court which will take months to years and by then its sold thousands to all the stupid fanboys with more money than sense.

Apple are the stupidest and most stuck up company there ever is. They dont care about anybody but themselves and they dont even really care about their fans. If they did do you really thing their iDevices would be so locked down? IF they really cared what their fans thought it would be jailbreaked by a tickbox just like Android phones who actually care for its customers and listen to what they want.
    I don't post very often. But, you, are an ***. This site is dedicated to news about Apple. Your UserName, e-mail address, and ip should all be banned from modmyi. Do you really think anyone that is a member wants to read the crap you barf through your keyboard? I know I don't. modmyi would be a much more pleasant place if it weren't for straight up holes like yourself.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I don't post very often. But, you, are an ***. This site is dedicated to news about Apple. Your UserName, e-mail address, and ip should all be banned from modmyi. Do you really think anyone that is a member wants to read the crap you barf through your keyboard? I know I don't. modmyi would be a much more pleasant place if it weren't for straight up holes like yourself.
    How democratic. Let's demonize someone with a different opinion! Ahh!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breezer23 View Post
    How democratic. Let's demonize someone with a different opinion! Ahh!
    He's not saying that NakedFaerie shouldn't have a right to hold or share his opinions, he's saying that this is not the place for them.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12