+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Blows Past $500 Milestone

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
It's official. One share of AAPL is now more valuable than the low-end iPad 2 with Wi-Fi (16GB). On Monday, Apple stock surged past the psychologically appeasing $500 level, setting
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Blows Past $500 Milestone

It's official. One share of AAPL is now more valuable than the low-end iPad 2 with Wi-Fi (16GB).

On Monday, Apple stock surged past the psychologically appeasing $500 level, setting a new all-time high for the stock, which shows zero sign of cooling.

The traders I spoke with today at the Chicago Board of Trade say nobody was entering sell orders at $500 this afternoon because few traders and investors believe a price pullback is forthcoming. "This thing has a motor on it," one trader told me, adding that most traders are buying into the "street's" projection, which holds that AAPL may pop another $100 to $150 per share before any real sell-off takes place (assuming that even happens).

Shares of AAPL have popped 19% just since January 24th, when the company reported record earnings results for the December quarter. Keeping the stock price elevated are high expectations for the year ahead, which - at least for the short term - means big market optimism for the iPad 3, a product that may reach consumers within the next three to four weeks.

For the day, AAPL closed at $502.60 per share. That price point makes Apple significantly more valuable than the world's next most valuable company Exxon Mobil Corp. As MMi reported last week, Apple is also now worth more than two of its biggest tech rivals - Microsoft and Google - combined.

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

Nice. Yeah I don't see apple slowing down anytime now

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Silverado1987 View Post
    Nice. Yeah I don't see apple slowing down anytime now
    When I bought my first gen iPad, Apple stock was selling for 199.00 a share! Talk about a missed opportunity!

Livin the iPhone Life Silverado1987's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,328 Times in 722 Posts

I know in 2 years they jumped $302 a share give or take. Seriously why don't we just throw in $500 a see what happens

Thanks

Cool- my wife bought some at a low point. Wish she had bought more.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adw1 View Post
    When I bought my first gen iPad, Apple stock was selling for 199.00 a share! Talk about a missed opportunity!
    Bought mine @$135 just before the release of the first iPhone. While ppl were laughing at the thought of Apple being competitive in the mobile phone market, I was buying up stock Guess whos laughing now???

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Gave my one and only stock tip to a family member - buy apple at 87 bucks. She bought 100 shares.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Bought some a month or two ago for about $370 a share. I know someone who got some back in the day for $5 a share