+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Slaps Samsung with New Lawsuit Over Autocorrect

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
It's been at least ten minutes since we last covered an Apple lawsuit, so we're long overdue for the next litigation-laced headline pertaining to our favorite tech giant. This week,
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Slaps Samsung with New Lawsuit Over Autocorrect

It's been at least ten minutes since we last covered an Apple lawsuit, so we're long overdue for the next litigation-laced headline pertaining to our favorite tech giant.

This week, Apple filed yet another lawsuit against its longtime rival Samsung. What's Apple's newest beef you ask? The newest qualm pertains to both autocorrection and the ability to unlock a device from its touchscreen.

Once again invoking the familiar term "preliminary injunction," Apple's new lawsuit wants the Samsung products that allegedly infringe upon Apple patents to be pulled from consumer availability. As of this writing, however, few other details pertaining to the suit - like exactly which Samsung products are offending Apple - have become available.

The patents controlled by Apple that are supposedly infringed upon today by Samsung include:
    • U.S. Patent No. 8,074,172 - "Method, System, and Graphical User Interface for Providing Word Recommendations"
    • U.S. Patent No. 5,946,647 - "System and Method for Performing an Action on a Structure in Computer-Generated Data"
    • U.S. Patent No. 8,046,721 - "Unlocking a Device by Performing Gestures on an Unlock Image"
    • U.S. Patent No. 8,086,604 - "Universal Interface for Retrieval of Information in a Computer System"

To date, it is estimated that Apple’s legal feuds with Samsung have already cost the iPhone maker $100 million in legal expenses.

Source: PaidContent

Banned
    Thanks

This is so lame, and this is why I don't buy apple products anymore. It should be obvious to the courts by now that these lawsuits are aimed at squashing competition. If was really about infringement, apple would be going after Motorola and Android, not Samsung and their hardware.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jOnGarrett View Post
    This is so lame, and this is why I don't buy apple products anymore. It should be obvious to the courts by now that these lawsuits are aimed at squashing competition. If was really about infringement, apple would be going after Motorola and Android, not Samsung and their hardware.
    What about thousand of lawsuits every time Apple brings new device to the market? What about samsung and kindles adīs? You are writing like Apple is only "evil" here and thatīs why you hate them so much.

Thanks

I own apple products and I think all this is getting stupid they just want to control the market one way or another

Thanks

This is getting stupid. Apple should save that money they soend on lawsuits and use them to produce better and cheaper devices
    If my post was good, click the button in my post

New to jailbreaking? Have a look at my Redsn0w Guide

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Guess you're not buying any products from any tech company since they all do this.

*T*
    Thanks

Let me get this right, lol. You don't buy Apple products, because Apple "lamely" sues Samsung instead of Motorola? And then you are telling people about this on an Apple site?

And FYI, Samsung uses Android as well. And in this case, Apple is not going after the hardware. Now that I'm the 5th person that commented on your utter lack of thinking, hopefully no one else will have to answer or even read your rediculous comment.

Nice try, lol
    Last edited by *T*; 02-10-2012 at 07:13 PM.

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

O gosh, I'm actually agreeing with *T* this time It is a software infringement they're suing for, but in that case they should sue google not Samsung.... Fail on apple's part.

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

*T*
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ipodtouchman77 View Post
    O gosh, I'm actually agreeing with *T* this time It is a software infringement they're suing for, but in that case they should sue google not Samsung.... Fail on apple's part.
    Thanks hahaha

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

Zzz z z z.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Agreed, I'm so glad I sold my iPad 2 and bought a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 4G tablet. One of the best things I've done, now if only my iPhone 4S would sell then I can get the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Quote Originally Posted by wohhey View Post
    What about thousand of lawsuits every time Apple brings new device to the market? What about samsung and kindles adīs? You are writing like Apple is only "evil" here and thatīs why you hate them so much.
    So what patent is Samsung breaking by making commercials?
    Last edited by GrandMstrBud; 02-10-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks

Apple is EVIL.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow.. this is honestly getting annoying.
    Makes me think twice about apples philosophy of innovation.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dfheje View Post
    Wow.. this is honestly getting annoying.
    Makes me think twice about apples philosophy of innovation.
    Apple is still very innovative, and steve jobs philosophy is still very strong and alive.

Samsung sues apple just as much as apple sues them.

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaStA819's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh boy...here we go again...

Thanks
    It's sad such vague patents can be granted.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I tired to read about this, please change the issues!!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Who cares who is suing who

Thanks

Omg autocorrect!!?
    Apple leave Samsung alone for a bit

My iPhone is a Part of Me VOLTAGExDT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,836 Times in 489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holdemdogg View Post
    I own apple products and I think all this is getting stupid they just want to control the market one way or another
    Can someone say AppleSoft.