+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AAPL Hits New Record High as Apple Tops Combined Value of Google and Microsoft

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
What was largely an ordinary if not flat day of trading for most companies on Wall Street, shares of Apple surged to new all-time highs, coming dangerously close to the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default AAPL Hits New Record High as Apple Tops Combined Value of Google and Microsoft

What was largely an ordinary if not flat day of trading for most companies on Wall Street, shares of Apple surged to new all-time highs, coming dangerously close to the psychologically satisfying $500 level. Even at $500, however, AAPL still has legs, according to no shortage of market watchers and industry analysts who maintain price targets of between $600 and $650 for AAPL.

As a result of the $20 per share surge AAPL saw early Thursday before giving back some gains, Apple's market capitalization ballooned to $456 billion. Just how much is that exactly? Let's put it this way: it's bigger than the combined value of Google and Microsoft.

Since the lows reached by AAPL in the hours following Steve Jobs' resignation as CEO last August, AAPL has climbed approximately $150 per share. All told, it's an incredible surge that continues to inspire investors to by and hold, even at today's lofty and speculatively balloonish prices.

Some critics balked at Apple last summer when it passed Exxon to boast of the world's largest market cap. Apple's naysayers said the company's $346.74 billion value was blown out of promotion and wouldn't last. Ultimately, the critics were right about the $346 billion value not lasting. It didn't.

Today it's $100 billion higher.

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait until the end of 2012. The combination of iPad 3 and iPhone 5 (possibly even iTV) is going to make this Apple's best year, in my opinion.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDiddler View Post
    Wait until the end of 2012. The combination of iPad 3 and iPhone 5 (possibly even iTV) is going to make this Apple's best year, in my opinion.
    Tru dat

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Where's the guy that said everyone should immediately sell their appl stock?

*T*
    Thanks

Dramatic ending lol

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

It's getting quite scary how fast Apple is growing. My prediction is the feds will find some way to step in here soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    It's getting quite scary how fast Apple is growing. My prediction is the feds will find some way to step in here soon.
    And do what exactly? Start investigating why consumers buy Apple products like crazy?
    Don't live by other people's rules... Live by your OWN!!!
    Why settle for less if you can have sooo much more!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Apple is just like the housing boom from not so many years back. Their products are inflated in price and they will come tumbling down. When...well, thats up to the consumer. But it will happen, just wait.