+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: RIM Claims 13% of its App Devs Take Home $100K or More

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default RIM Claims 13% of its App Devs Take Home $100K or More

Mobile app development can, without question, be a lucrative professional endeavor, at least for those with the skill and creativity to develop that which mobile users want in big numbers.

This week, Research in Motion revealed just how lucrative app development has proven to be for 13% of its publishers. According to RIM's vice president of developer relations, Alec Saunders, that's the percentage of BlackBerry app devs who earn upwards of $100,000 annually developing apps for BlackBerry App World.

The news is, naturally, surprising to some. Although BlackBerry's app storefront is less profitable that Apple's App Store, it's still a bigger cash cow than Google's Android Market. Of course, when you begin to plunge into the numbers to see which platform's developers are truly making the most money, the facts start to get a little hazy.

RIM today said that it now has 60,000 apps in its App World applications storefront—still miniscule compared to the millions that live collectively on the Android Market and Apple’s App Store—but a significant improvement on the 17,000 that were in App World last January. Collectively, the store has seen 2 billion downloads as of last month, with 6 million downloads per day.
    While BlackBerry continues to struggle and perpetually lose more and more of its smartphone market share to iOS and Android-powered devices, RIM maintains that its developers make excellent money in large part because they aren't "hobbyists" like many of iOS and Android developers reportedly are.

Source: PaidContent.org

Thanks

Is this ModMyi or ModMyBlackberry? SMH
    Sent from my iPhone 4.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

How much do the other 87 devs take home?

Thanks

This has to do with Apple how? It was mentioned there at the end. I thought I was back on a BB site.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Thanks

My wife and I both have our own iPad and Blackberry Playbooks as far as tablets go, and I have to say other then the PB not having a huge app selection it's a really nice device. Around the house my wife and I use the PB more than the iPad due to its smaller size, True HD display, stereo speakers, and desktop like web browser. Both tablets have their pro's and con's and fortunately we get the best of both worlds. Can't beat getting a 64gb PB for $299. Just don't knock it until you try it out for a week or so.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    How much do the other 87 devs take home?
    Agreed!