+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Foxconn Report Rattles Apple Yet Again

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by Brian3dee Look I know over seas labor, particularly in china is bad, but has every one forgotten the current economic issues here? There are people here in
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brian3dee View Post
    Look I know over seas labor, particularly in china is bad, but has every one forgotten the current economic issues here? There are people here in the US working three jobs, 60 plus hour! Go look at how Kmart, Walmart, and even target is! Go read the labor issues behind those companies and their are here in the US! There are a lot of folks who make minimum wage working 60 plus hours and living no better then those at Foxconn, right here in the US!
    I'm sorry but all the pointing else where is missing is just a distraction from what's going on here in the US! Selfish or not, I'm more concerned about where I live, then where I don't!
    So you would be cool with making about $12 / Day? People are lining up for this, because it is better than nothing, but that doesn't make it right. With all of the money they are raking in, why not pay their workers appropriately?

At this point I would imagine that there is almost nothing that we can do that would make Apple bring any jobs back home.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cellular View Post
    Then don't buy the product if you can't pay your rent...common sense?
    I think that was his point. People would quit buying Apple products if they increased prices, so Apple will keep manufacturing in China.

Thanks

These people also have the option not to work there, and no I'm not saying I agree it's ok to have people working in those conditions....

Default incrediably dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    I was kinda wondering that too. I also work 60 hour weeks. Where's my CNN article?

I'm not suggesting Foxconn is a great and happy place to work, but if they're going to claim unfavorable working conditions, then they need to at least cite specific examples that aren't commonplace in America.
    do you own a car? your richer than more than half the people on the planet.... these people at foxconn maybe work 60hours a week, just like you? do you make less than 1$ an hour. shut up u live in paradise compared to these people, watch the cnn video this lady hadn't been to a restaurant in many years....cant afford a meal out for 10years. whens the last time you went to denny's? thats why people hate americans, its your entitled attitude, i am embarrassed to be from the same country as you.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 02-07-2012 at 03:21 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

To clarify "most workers eat and sleep at company facilities"

I believe the particular factory being referred to is Shenzen, often refered to as FOXCONN CITY. Wiki article below:

"Foxconn City" or "iPod City". Covering about 1.16 square miles (3 square km), it includes 15 factories, worker dormitories, a swimming pool, a fire brigade, its own television network (Foxconn TV), and a downtown complete with a grocery store, bank, restaurants, bookstore, and hospital

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    do you own a car? your richer than more than half the people on the planet.... these people at foxconn maybe work 60hours a week, just like you? do you make less than 1$ an hour. shut up u live in paradise compared to these people, watch the cnn video this lady hadn't been to a restaurant in many years....cant afford a meal out for 10years. whens the last time you went to denny's? thats why people hate americans, its your entitled attitude, i am embarrassed to be from the same country as you.
    Short fuse much?

I know working conditions at Foxconn aren't good. I even alluded to that in my post. I was simply pointing out that they could have found MUCH better examples of the bad working conditions than what was in this mmi article. If the point of the article was to make us feel bad for them, it missed the mark completely.

Maybe you need to spend a little bit of time off your soap box and increase your reading comprehension a little.

Geez.
    Last edited by AUZambo; 02-07-2012 at 07:03 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    You used a computer or mobile device to type that, where was it manufactured and assembled? Step down off your hobby horse.

And most of the people that "hate americans" do so for religious reasons, not because of any entitled attitude. Perceived entitled attitudes are why some americans hate other americans.

Oh... also have to say that I just love that there is a big on the box next to the Foxconn name. Nice to know that China wants everyone else to respect their intellectual property

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

This topic has come up before and once again, it will fade away and nothing will change. Corporations only care about one thing, profits. NEXT!

Thanks

I as well work 60 hours a week and also sleep at my job every once in awhile. But I have a choice to be there or not.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12