+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Study Claims iOS Apps Crash More Often Than Android Apps

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by GmAz Your crashes is because of a jailbroken addon such as MS. The study is talking about devices that aren't jailbroken. So what about people who have/had
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GmAz View Post
    Your crashes is because of a jailbroken addon such as MS. The study is talking about devices that aren't jailbroken.
    So what about people who have/had issues before an iOS 5 jailbreak was available?

iPhone? More like MyPhone sTrAnGe mOdS's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually, I fixed my app crash problems. I updated Zeppelin and removed xMessages. Mobile Substrate tweaks definitely affect it, because I'm having little to no problems now.

8GB iPod Touch 1G: 1.1.1 > 1.1.2 > 1.2 > 2.0 > 2.0.1 > 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.2.1 > 3.0 > 3.0.1 GM RedSn0wed
    16GB iPhone 3G > Sold $375 > iPhone 4: 4.2.8 > 5.0
    32GB iPad: 3.2 > 3.2.1 > Traded For MacBook > Traded + $500 For MacBook Pro

Livin the iPhone Life R.Mortera's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol this sucks. Hope Apple could fix this in the next update.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Thats why Apple need to smarten up and realise Cydia and jailbreaking arn't going anywhere and to stop fighting against them.

They (Apple) are the ones causing all the crashes and not just for cydia apps but also appstore apps.

And they are getting as bad as $ony as every update something useful gets removed. EG: Ipad and USB devices, AirPrint, AirPlay, stability and the list goes on...

Thats why Android phones are better than iPhones. They work like you want them to work.
    Agreed. Apple failed to prove that unjailbroken is more stable than jailbroken. And failed to claim that jailbreak is illegal. Ridicilously, apple adopted many apps from Cydia, but still their #1 priority is to patch the exploit on every IOS up date.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

People are quick to dismiss this study's data yet it is consistent with my personal usage. I have the Samsung Galaxy 10.1, Asus Transformer 101, the HP Touchpad running CM9(Ice Cream Sandwich), the OG ipad, and the Samsung Galaxy SGS2. The ipad crashes more than all of my Android devices totalled together. The only consistent crash on Android occurs on the stock browser. Never due to over tasking. Android manages multitasking better, but they have been doing it longer as well. Apple will iron things out eventually because they are an OS driven company. It is what they do best.

The OP's comment about haphazard Android releases is truly uninformed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Android manages multitasking better, but they have been doing it longer as well. Apple will iron things out eventually because they are an OS driven company. It is what they do best.
    It's sad. We were promised that iOS was going to have multitasking that was managed way better than any other multitasking when it was first announced. It's almost like politics. :/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    People are quick to dismiss this study's data yet it is consistent with my personal usage. I have the Samsung Galaxy 10.1, Asus Transformer 101, the HP Touchpad running CM9(Ice Cream Sandwich), the OG ipad, and the Samsung Galaxy SGS2. The ipad crashes more than all of my Android devices totalled together. The only consistent crash on Android occurs on the stock browser. Never due to over tasking. Android manages multitasking better, but they have been doing it longer as well. Apple will iron things out eventually because they are an OS driven company. It is what they do best.

The OP's comment about haphazard Android releases is truly uninformed.
    Someone's Rich.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123