+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITunes Match Glitch Replaces Explicit Songs With Censored Version

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ITunes Match Glitch Replaces Explicit Songs With Censored Version

A interesting glitch is turning iTunes into the Wal-Mart of cloud-based music services.

When iTunes Match users try to re-download certain songs containing explicit lyrics the glitch causes iTunes Match to download the censored version of the track. Some of the songs affected include Kanye West’s “Hell of a Life”, and “Power”, Jay-Z’s “Can I Live” and Ice Cube’s “Jack N the Box.”

A 9to5Mac reader brought the issue to the attention of Eddie Cue, Apples senior vice president of Internet software and services a couple of weeks ago and Apple has been working a fix since. However, there still is no workaround.

The problem apparently occurs because iTunes Match sometimes can’t distinguish between the clean and explicit version of a song and defaults to the clean version when a user re-downloads the song through iTunes. While the glitch isn’t a machine crippling bug it is annoying, especially considering the service can’t tell the difference between songs by established artists.

Hopefully Apple provides paying iTunes Match customers a fix soon. Nothing ruins a song faster than a bunch of scrambled/muted curse words. It’s like listening to your music through a USA movies filter

Source: PCWorld and 9to5Mac

Thanks

My problems include that most the times I re-download everything after a restore half of them don't play until I re-download them again. I only have fifty so it's not that bad. One of my songs starts a second in and ends with the first second of a song I've never even heard that isn't even on the same album.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Honestly, we don't need songs that need to be censored anyway, let's encourage artists to make good, clean music instead and the problem will be completely solved.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Honestly, we don't need songs that need to be censored anyway, let's encourage artists to make good, clean music instead and the problem will be completely solved.
    LOL!!! Good one!!

Banned
    Thanks

Uhhh speak for yourself! It's dumb people like you that cause stupid laws to get passed and therefore why I'm stuck having to hear BEEP BEEP BEEP every time I try to watch a show/movie on TV! What are you so scared of words for? Are your ears really that sensitive? Or is it just some ignorant religious thing?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This happened to me with my LMFAO albums. I ended up just breaking down and buying them straight from iTunes when I had the money (seeing as how I had ripped them from a friend anyway)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BunchaMorons View Post
    Uhhh speak for yourself! It's dumb people like you that cause stupid laws to get passed and therefore why I'm stuck having to hear BEEP BEEP BEEP every time I try to watch a show/movie on TV! What are you so scared of words for? Are your ears really that sensitive? Or is it just some ignorant religious thing?
    Nope, I just happen to understand that when we lower our standards and accept this kind of language (and immodest dress, etc.) that it leads to a lot of the problems we have with violence, etc.

Now, I am not in anyway saying that laws should be passed, but we should encourage better behavior by not buying the stuff with this kind of language in it. Ultimately, vote with your wallets, laws are definitely not the answer to everything (or even most things for that matter)

Banned
    Thanks

Nope, I just happen to understand that when we lower our standards and accept this kind of language (and immodest dress, etc.) that it leads to a lot of the problems we have with violence, etc.

Now, I am not in anyway saying that laws should be passed, but we should encourage better behavior by not buying the stuff with this kind of language in it. Ultimately, vote with your wallets, laws are definitely not the answer to everything (or even most things for that matter)
    OMG REALLY??? You sound like a someone who really wants to make a difference in the world. So instead of worrying about BAD LANGUAGE (which affects NO ONE) why don't you do something useful in life and go kill all the pedophiles and rapists out there in the world! Then you'll be doing something useful for our society!! Bad language causes violence are you kidding me??? That's just an excuse that stupid people use to try to justify something. I guess we should just BAN video games like CALL OF DUTY because they teach people how to use guns and kill people right??? Oh and while were at it we better ban Grand Theft Auto because it teaches people to steal cars too right?? Wait hang on I got an even better idea, we should BAN AUTOMOBILES because they cause people to get into car accidents right??

There are millions of people out there in this world who are honest hard working people that listen to rappers like Eminem, watch violent movies, play violent video games who don't seem to have a problem functioning in life. Only ignorant people allow themselves to be influenced by music, movies, and video games etc. But if that's the case then they obviously got other things wrong in their head to begin with. So don't be trying to blame the music, movies, and video games, PEOPLE MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES!!

BTW what state are you in? I bet you live in Utah don't you?
    Last edited by BunchaMorons; 02-03-2012 at 06:25 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Slim J's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really use it but about 50% of my iPod is filled with explicit songs. All other songs naturally don't curse but I have no clean versions, just explicit

Thanks

OMG REALLY??? You sound like a someone who really wants to make a difference in the world. So instead of worrying about BAD LANGUAGE (which affects NO ONE) why don't you do something useful in life and go kill all the pedophiles and rapists out there in the world! Then you'll be doing something useful for our society!! Bad language causes violence are you kidding me??? That's just an excuse that stupid people use to try to justify something. I guess we should just BAN video games like CALL OF DUTY because they teach people how to use guns and kill people right??? Oh and while were at it we better ban Grand Theft Auto because it teaches people to steal cars too right?? Wait hang on I got an even better idea, we should BAN AUTOMOBILES because they cause people to get into car accidents right??

There are millions of people out there in this world who are honest hard working people that listen to rappers like Eminem, watch violent movies, play violent video games who don't seem to have a problem functioning in life. Only ignorant people allow themselves to be influenced by music, movies, and video games etc. But if that's the case then they obviously got other things wrong in their head to begin with. So don't be trying to blame the music, movies, and video games, PEOPLE MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES!!

BTW what state are you in? I bet you live in Utah don't you?
    Why do you keep insisting that he's saying "ban"? We should ban caps lock too

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Swearing and improper dress lead to violence? Wow... please go preach somewhere else. That is just silly.

why don't you do something useful in life and go kill all the pedophiles and rapists out there in the world! Then you'll be doing something useful for our society!!
    They were lead to their evil ways because of bad language and improper dress. Duh!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post

They were lead to their evil ways because of bad language and improper dress. Duh!
    Oh that's right my bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zokunei View Post
    Why do you keep insisting that he's saying "ban"? We should ban caps lock too
    It's not CAPS LOCK it's called making use of the SHIFT KEY! And if we're gonna ban that then we definitely need to get rid of avatars that have pictures of garbage a.ss hockey teams. Like seriously who would wanna rep anything that has to do with "detroit" that place is such a $hithole

Thanks

Dude, chill.

Thanks

It's not CAPS LOCK it's called making use of the SHIFT KEY! And if we're gonna ban that then we definitely need to get rid of avatars that have pictures of garbage a.ss hockey teams. Like seriously who would wanna rep anything that has to do with "detroit" that place is such a $hithole
    Hmm...

Banned
    Thanks

Hmm...
    Wow first you run your mouth babbling about "CAPS LOCK" when that clearly wasn't an issue. Now all you can come back with is a retarded picture of some moron on the history channel??? WOW no wonder you're a redwings fan

Last edited by BunchaMorons; 02-03-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Thanks

Wow first you run your mouth babbling about "CAPS LOCK" when that clearly wasn't an issue. Now all you can come back with is a retarded picture of some moron on the history channel??? WOW no wonder you're a redwings fan

Thanks

Interesting. Well, there goes the intelligence level of this thread. You are an idiot. Yes you, the guy with the caps. And why does he have to come from Utah? Looks like you heard too many Bad Words growing. And yes, I went to your childhood. Obviously that's where all this is coming from! Now go ahead and continue to be an idiot please.

Thanks
    My problems include that most the times I re-download everything after a restore half of them don't play until I re-download them again. I only have fifty so it's not that bad. One of my songs starts a second in and ends with the first second of a song I've never even heard that isn't even on the same album.
    That was the ONLY decent post on this thread. I tried reading through in hope that someone would rectify it.

Can this thread be closed pleased?

Clearly no one is able to take a bit of news and listen to others opinions anymore.

Thanks

It doesn't need to be closed, Caps Guy just needs to be banned from the thread.
    Oh he was banned from MMi. Well, we're free to make intelligent posts now.
    Last edited by Zokunei; 02-04-2012 at 10:12 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why are you sooo worried about curse words, honestly, any artists who's songs contain enough curse words to be affected need to find better adjectives they don't rhyme with puck, and have no talent