Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Mac Newsforums, a part of the
Go and grab your free Mac update! If you have a Mac and you're running Mac OS X Lion, then you can open up Software Update (click the  and...
02-01-2012, 06:45 PM #1
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 Publicly Released
Go and grab your free Mac update!
If you have a Mac and you're running Mac OS X Lion, then you can open up Software Update (click the and then choose Software Update) and you will find a new update available: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3. This update is minor, but notable from the previous version 10.7.2. The update also comes with an update for Safari that is built into the Lion download package; Safari version 5.1.3 as it has been named.
The fixes in Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 include the following:
- Add Catalan, Croatian, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, and Ukrainian language support
- Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X
- Address compatibility issues with Microsoft Windows file sharing
- Address an issue printing Microsoft Word documents that use markup
- Address a graphics performance issue after sleep on some earlier iMacs that use ATI graphics
- Resolve a Wi-Fi connection issue when waking from sleep
- Address an issue that may prevent Safari from opening before joining a wireless network
- Fix a potential issue authenticating to an SMB DFS share
- Include RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras
- Improve binding to read-only Active Directory Domain Controllers
- Improve binding and login speed for Active Directory users in a domain whose name ends in ".local"
- Improve reliability of Dynamic DNS (DDNS) updates by Active Directory clients
- Allow login with an Active Directory username that contains a space
- Improve compatibility with Active Directory schemas that have been extended with the "apple-user-homeDirectory" and "apple-user-homeurl" attributes
- Fix home directory Dock item for Active Directory users with mobile accounts
- Allow NIS users with MD5-hashed passwords to log in
The update is rather large. It varies from computer to computer depending on the type as the Apple Web site notes, however on the 2011 13" MacBook Pro the update weighs in at 730.6MB. If you don't want to use Software Update to install the new Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 update, then you can do so manually from this link.
While the update doesn't appear to be anything major, nor are any ground-breaking features added, the update is said to improve stability of Mac OS X Lion and it holds numerous improvements over hardware/software glitches and we recommend it for all users who are running the Mac OS X Lion operating system. The Safari update should fix some minor bugs that might cause it not to open when you aren't connected to a Wi-Fi network. For more information about the update, you can read Apple's change log.
The update will require a reboot after you download and install it, so save all of your work. We also recommend that you keep a backup of your current Mac OS X Lion version so that if something goes awry, you won't feel like you've made a terrible mistake. Happy downloading!
Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-01-2012 at 06:50 PM.
02-01-2012, 07:08 PM #2
Can't wait to see if it fixes the wifi sleep problem like it says.
02-01-2012, 07:17 PM #3
02-01-2012, 08:09 PM #4
Really wish they would make fullscreen in Lion compatible with 2 screens. Would love to watch a movie on my second monitor while doing work on my laptop...
02-01-2012, 08:13 PM #5
02-01-2012, 08:19 PM #6
When I updated today it came back and the top bar was missing. Moved my mouse along top and it was not there. I rebooted again and it was gone then I moved mouse along top and it came back.
Also is it me or is the bluetooth taking longer now to connect. Before the update my mouse and keyboard would work by the time the log in screen came up. Now it takes a little bit after that to have it connect.
02-01-2012, 08:21 PM #7
Don't use the Bluetooth at all. Will check it out thou and see
02-01-2012, 08:38 PM #8
02-01-2012, 10:11 PM #9
VLC player will allow you to view video on the second screen in full screen
You can do that with VLC PLAYER. Look at display opions in vlc prefs. I set this up for a friend.
I believe can also reverse it and show full screen video on main screen and main display on the second screen.
02-02-2012, 01:18 AM #10
doesn't fix my problem
but apparently it didn't.
Dlink gaming router ($250)
macbook pro 13 inch early spring 11
And this happens when i'm the only one Using the network (or rather actively using it)
02-02-2012, 07:09 AM #11
This update has really screwed up safari browsing. The web pages take forever to load, and the scrolling is laggy as hell!
02-02-2012, 07:23 AM #12
Hmmm maybe I'll wait on this update.
02-02-2012, 09:28 AM #13
At work now..downloading the 736.4MB file..cant wait!!
02-02-2012, 10:08 AM #14
02-02-2012, 10:32 AM #15
I've been power-using Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 for about 5 hours straight now. Looks to me like the update is as stable as can be - everything's working fine, no lag or slowness in performance. The Wi-Fi problem is well-fixed and the Safari speed slow-down is a myth.
Last edited by Anthony Bouchard; 02-02-2012 at 10:36 AM.
02-02-2012, 10:43 AM #16
Thank ya Anthony for the info gonna install it when i git home.
02-02-2012, 10:46 AM #17
I was hoping the Safari bug was fixed that doesn't allow closing of the definition box after you've looked up a word when in Reader (unless you totally close Reader). It's not.
02-02-2012, 10:54 AM #18
02-02-2012, 11:07 AM #19
Running iMac 27" i5 with 8gigs or ram.
Did a restore from time machine and waiting to get back to older version.
02-02-2012, 11:12 AM #20
Downloaded the update this morning. Restarted to install and got a message "Unexpected error, can't install the Mac OS update". I clicked the restart button, brought it back up to the desktop and got the spinning color wheel for about 5 mins. Had to hard power off the Mac. I'll try later tonight.