Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pictures Surface to Show iPod Nano with Camera

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Pictures Surface to Show iPod Nano with Camera

It's time for another supposed image leak from inside the mysterious Apple supply chain.

On Wednesday, new photos surfaced online to suggest that Apple may be tinkering with a freshly redesigned iPod nano - one that comes with a camera.

The classic fun-sized Apple device his largely remained the awkward stepchild in the Apple product family in recent years, at least among tech journalists who choose to concentrate on the company's much sexier iDevice line. But the nano is still around. And nobody - including the team at Apple - has forgotten about it.

The photos that popped up on apple.hs before finding a home on Apple.pro reveal what ostensibly appears to be an iPod nano that sports a rear-mounted camera that looks awfully familiar to iPhone owners. The form of the nano doesn't appear to drastically differ from previous models with the exception of camera-area modifications that allow the device to bestow the necessary space to pull off the addition of a camera.

So are the pics real? Are they fake (maybe one of those decoy projects assigned to a new Apple hire)? Or could this just be a prototype of a never-to-be released nano that Apple was fiddling with before canning the prospect? For now, we will await further evidence and chatter in the supply chain before jumping to conclusions.

But these images will certainly do their part to jump-start the conversation... again.

Source: Apple.Pro

Thanks

5th gen nano with cool camera with YouTube upload ability and 6th gen nano no camera at a $150 premium and possibly a camera in next gen? common sense or lack thereof It will sell! lol

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Man, eff a crappy camera! Gimme Bluetooth so I can connect my Lunatik Link sportin' Nano to my radio in my truck, and let my phone be a phone...or connect to my 4s so I can discreetly view my texts and email. Could you imagine a JB tweak that enables users to effectively expand their iPhone or iPad by 8 or 16Gb via Bluetooth connection with a Nano?! The last thing we need is a useless junk camera.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Didn't those exact photos surface about a year ago?

I hope its for REAL this time....
    Would be great to see a nice camera with video ability, and like "Beastly" said, hopefully its not a lame camera...
    And BlueTooth connectivity would be AMAZING, but I thing its stretching a bit?

imho, only thing nano needs is bluetooth. it would be great to wear it as a watch and be completely untethered when listening to music

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beastly L92's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daytonaviolet View Post
    imho, only thing nano needs is bluetooth. it would be great to wear it as a watch and be completely untethered when listening to music
    Exactly. I got a Nano and a Lunatik Lynk for christmas. Its cool and all, but it literally takes longer for me to press the wake button and the Nano to wake up than it does for me to pull out my phone and check the time. It looks cool, but other than that, it's completely useless. Bluetooth would add the very little functionality possible in this device for me.

Would make a nice hidden camera for secretly recording... well, anything. Could be really cool. If you could program it to take an image every few seconds you could make a time-lapse film of your day. Stick it on the front of a remote control car and get some cool shots - or attach it to a rocket.

I can think of tons of stuff to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    +1 I was thinkin that to

These exact same photos were 'leaked' almost exactly a year ago... Never came about. Do some research before you post an article

The One and the Only (retired secret moderator) iPod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Yes it did. Lol

secret moderator... Please hit that THANKS button over there if I helped you in any single way

So this is even worse than the NFC article.
    We need some iPod touch rumors

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theroyalwe View Post
    These exact same photos were 'leaked' almost exactly a year ago... Never came about. Do some research before you post an article
    When I saw this I knew it had been reported before. Wow MMI... way to drop the ball... again.
    Pretty sad when you claim the pictures are "new" when MMi reported the same story last April here - Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi - Camera Returning to 7th-Gen iPod nano? No wonder why so many people complain about the stories here.

Thanks

This picture was found last yr...

I'm interested in the idea of an iPod Nano with a camera. Maybe even a front facing camera... Either way, if Apple can incorporate functions to control another iTem, be it an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, and allow for things such as changing music, volume control, previewing snippets from messages, then it would definitely out compete and blow the Sony Smartwatch out of the water

Looks familiar...... Hmmmmm